Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass bumper tops?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Does anyone have the fiberglass bumper tops I've seen on evil-bay?

I plan on running stock chrome bumpers until I can find or make something I like better. The rubber tops I have are in pretty sad shape and I was considering the fiberglass tops to hold me over. Are they decent or crappy like most of the FG parts availabel for our cars??

Does anyone have close up pics of a set installed????
URY914
I saw my first set in person this weekend on Rob Watson's car. I thought they looked very good. BUT I was surprised to find that they are not a EXACT copy of the stock cap. They do not have the "ridge" in them on the top surface. It almost looks like a seam on the stock ones. They are smooth. Kinda hard to explain with seeing them side by side. Now this is not a problem but just different than stock and it looks better actually.

Paul
East coaster
Cool, I was actually hoping they deleted the ridge and hopefully the usual ripples. Maybe I'll try a set.

Personal threat - "Some day I'm going to make a set of bumpers that actually compliment the shape of a 914!"...........just need the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.