Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for pictures of a Pink 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I am looking for a decent picture of a 914 in Pink. My daughter is graduating 8th grade on Friday. I have made a deal with her that if she makes Honor Roll all through High School that I will buy her a car. She requested a pink 914. O.K. I know.. not going to be a favorite here but 4 years is a long time away. I wanted to give her an idea what it would look like. I am hoping it will provide a little motivation. I did a search for this. I did see a thread from Jes. She was wanting a pink 914. Is she still around and did she get one?

Mark

Jenny
Jes has an audi TT that I think she's pretty happy with.

Britt has (had?) a pink one, but it was in really bad shape.

There are pictures somewhere here of a 914 painted with this theme..
IPB Image

Jen
smontanaro
We told our youngest son (now a sophomore) when he entered high school that if he maintained a 4.0 throughout high school we'd buy him any car he wanted. We didn't even ask him to name it now or set a price limit on it. I'm not sure what his current GPA is, but it's a far cry from a 4.0, and not because he's not bright (he's basically in all honors classes). The whole sacrifice for a distant reward thing takes more discipline than I think he's willing to sustain.

We do have a pay-for-grades system in place as well ($20 per A, $0 per B, $-10 per C or lower, all grades measured in his core classes only - e.g. P.E. and basket weaving don't count). Even that's met with only limited success.

Sometimes I feel like dead horse.gif or headbang.gif or even headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif .

Skip
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 24 2006, 11:58 AM) *

There are pictures somewhere here of a 914 painted with this theme..

i don't know his daughter, but i'm pretty sure she's thinking of "hot pink" and not "pig pink" ...

not that i know anything about teenage girls or something ...
rolleyes.gif Andy

PS: apparently, there were a few factory 914s that were painted hot pink ...
GWN7
Bribeing him..... idea.gif never thought of that one. I figured yelling at him to get up and go to school was enough biggrin.gif

Several members should have pics of pink cars...just my way of bumping it up smile.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(smontanaro @ May 24 2006, 11:00 AM) *

We told our youngest son (now a sophomore) when he entered high school that if he maintained a 4.0 throughout high school we'd buy him any car he wanted. We didn't even ask him to name it now or set a price limit on it. I'm not sure what his current GPA is, but it's a far cry from a 4.0, and not because he's not bright (he's basically in all honors classes). The whole sacrifice for a distant reward thing takes more discipline than I think he's willing to sustain.

We do have a pay-for-grades system in place as well ($20 per A, $0 per B, $-10 per C or lower, all grades measured in his core classes only - e.g. P.E. and basket weaving don't count). Even that's met with only limited success.

Sometimes I feel like dead horse.gif or headbang.gif or even headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif .

Skip

Ya I have a reward system as well. They get $50 per semester that they are in the honor Roll. So if they make honor roll for all 4 years that's $800.00 plus a car (my choice). I also pay them the cover price for every book they read. I put some limits here but it works. Both my kids like to read.
rick 918-S
factory pink car. Color is a Porsche 911 Raspbery.
BigDBass
My wife has already made references to 914s as "Barbie cars"... Don't let her see a pink one!
TROJANMAN
there was a great looking pink 928 at the track this weekend. wish i had a pic.
Bartlett 914
Thanks for tin pics Rick. I am trying to encourage my daughter not scare her laugh.gif

Was (is) that Britt's car?
rjames
Here's the Mary Kay version, photoshopped of course (and badly at that!). Original photo 'borrowed' from the member's pictures area... Whoever owns this car, please forgive me...

It's a slow day at work biggrin.gif
djm914-6
Barbie sized:
Lou W
QUOTE(rjames @ May 24 2006, 02:45 PM) *

Here's the Mary Kay version, photoshopped of course (and badly at that!). Original photo 'borrowed' from the member's pictures area... Whoever owns this car, please forgive me...

I told my daughter when she was very little that "you can't paint a Porche pink" and I think this picture proves it blink.gif
70Sixter
QUOTE(rjames @ May 24 2006, 01:45 PM) *

Ready for a trip to brokeback mountain.
TonyAKAVW
Yeah Jes is still around. She doesn't check in here too often though. I had been thinking that I would turn my daily driver into a pink 914 for her, but my 914 inventory went down to 1 and so now she'll have to wait. But she's pretty happy with her TT (red, not pink).

-Tony
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(rjames @ May 24 2006, 01:45 PM) *

Hey

Thanks for the nice pic. Maybe it will encourage her after all. My PhotoShop skills are not so hot. It will give her something to think about (like red for example) clap56.gif
SirAndy
another photoshop creation ... my car hit with the "pinkbrush" ...

me likes! wub.gif Andy
rjames
Now there's some mad crazy photoshop skills. Just needs a fuzzy pink dashpad and some dingleballs!
Bleyseng
pink ( I can't believe I have this pic with me!)
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(smontanaro @ May 24 2006, 12:00 PM) *

Skip

My parents would be estatic when I got a grade higher than a C because most of the time (middle school and high school) all I got were C's. Just didn't apply myself because I didn't really care, no matter what the incentives and, personally, the whole bribing thing kinda rubs me the wrong way. My first attempt at college left me with a 1.64 GPA after four terms and I said, "To hell with it!" Then I enlisted in the active Navy and got a taste of the real world -- talk about a change o' heart! My second attempt at college had me graduating with honors in four years with a degree in Computer Information Systems (not easy classes in other words) and two minors. I was on the Dean's List multiple times for outstanding grades. I had found my desire without anyone forcing it on me. My parents are still amazed.

High school is a joke, more so nowadays and grades mean more in college. Based on my experience, it doesn't matter where you went to college, only if you did. Sometimes people need a reality break so don't get bent outta shape if they need a year or two (or three or four if fullfilling a military contract wink.gif ) but do let 'em know that the longer they postpone college the more difficult it MAY be to get back into the old study habits so don't be swayed by the current job income because it won't go up w/o a degree (my parents were prime examples).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.