Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: The Wave
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
wavey.gif Just got back from taking my newly aquired 1979 Beaver to pray.gif CAMPING WORLD for a roof air conditioner. I met so many motorhomes coming towards me that I thought "let's see if they'll wave"!
and so it began wavey.gif
I must'a waved 30 times in 30 miles and not 1 waved back finger.gif but I'm not gonna let that stop me. Maybe, just maybe I can get the RV crowd to start a wave thing.
wavey.gif bruce wavey.gif
P.s. I KNOW they'd take notice if I started finger.gif laugh.gif
rick 918-S
Bad Idea.. Both hands on the wheel ohmy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Qarl
wavey.gif
fiid
wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif

Someone I used to work with had a "Dragon" - a Daimler Dart - called the "dragon" because they were butt ugly. He's owned it since something like 1950 - and he used to go on about how cool it was to drive in Britain back in the 50's. Basically he siad you could drive around country roads for a whole day and not see another motorist. If you did see someone you would of course wave and they would also wave - because who the hell else would they get a chance to wave to.

Sounded Awesome. I was born too late.

Fiid.
Bruce Allert
That's the way it used to be in Hemet, California where I grew up in the hills outta town. Most everyone looked like cowboys (ranchers) & even if you din't know'm you'd wave & get one back (even driving by a house on a dirt road where they were standing outside... wave) wavey.gif
Nort Dakota is famous for waving when yer out in the country.
Let's start a movement smile.gif maybe it'll provoke less crime & hostility ph34r.gif
finger.gif or not! laugh.gif
bruce
drew365
In the late 60's I drove English sportscars around Cleveland, Ohio. Everyone that drove a sportscar, whether it was an MG, Triumph, Austin or whatever would wave to each other. We'd always flash the lights at other cars when we passed a speed trap. A friendlier time I guess. I never used to take my key out of the car when going into a convenience store either. Try that now and I'd be the stupid one.
VegasRacer
Bruce Allert
LOL laugh.gif
I'm gonna save that one..... forsure! wavey.gif
kdfoust
QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 26 2003, 03:37 PM)
wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif

Someone I used to work with had a "Dragon" - a Daimler Dart - called the "dragon" because they were butt ugly. He's owned it since something like 1950 - and he used to go on about how cool it was to drive in Britain back in the 50's. Basically he siad you could drive around country roads for a whole day and not see another motorist. If you did see someone you would of course wave and they would also wave - because who the hell else would they get a chance to wave to.

Sounded Awesome. I was born too late.

Fiid.

Ireland is still the same way. Bike'n, walk'n or drive'n out in the country you wave and get one back. Friendly civilized people those Irish, except the occasional little bomb thingy...

Have fun,
Kevin

PS I've been experimenting with flashes (not that kinda flash wink.gif )and waves to other p-cars here (can't swing in a cat without hitting a half dozen p-cars in my neck of the woods). Mostly blank stares but the vintage p-car guys almost always get it. I think the leased p-car people will never get it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.