Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ricky's 914-6/GT Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I love 914-6/GT Calipers... just somethin about'em wub.gif
Eric_Shea
These are for Ricky Garcia and should be an awesome match for the S-Calipers up front.
SLITS
humpy.gif
Jeroen
saweeeeeet!
Aaron Cox
so they are widened /6 calipers?

nice.

i can wait for marty's spot caliper....
Eric_Shea
10mm wider wink.gif
rickyhgarcia
Eric,

They are beautifull....thanks for posting and the bragging rights.

Your work is beyond excellent...I am now thinking sending you my front S-calipers for the same treatment.

Thanks,

Ricky

rickyhgarcia
Eric,

Post #2...picture #3

Is that the adjuster cover that wasn´t holding initially??

Ricky
davep
I'm starting to make my own adjuster covers now. Tricky trying to get the threads into the part. Both sets of initial samples seem to work, but the third attempt should be much better.

Those outer adjusters seem to want to crack quite often. Any ideas how they can be fixed? Can't just throw them away.
rickyhgarcia
Eric,

The following list of items you detailed in another´s member thread about putting together the 914-6 GT calipers:

*10mm Caliper Spacers (included, exact match in the rear 911 m-caliper)
*Longer Hardware (included, exact match in the rear 911 m-caliper)
*5mm Rotor Spacer (we can supply, they're not cheap but not too bad)
*Custom Pins (Michel has this sorted... for others plan on about $12-15 each at a decent machine shop)
*911 Rear Pad Spring Kit
*Longer Studs for the rear hubs (to accomodate the rotor spacer)

I know we have done 1 and 2 on the list...and that you are currently working on on number 4. Since I already have vented 914-4 calipers in my car, number 3 and 6 are probably taken care of.

What is the "911 Rear Pad Spring Kit?" Is it already there?

Ricky

Eric_Shea
Post #2...picture #3

Is that the adjuster cover that wasn´t holding initially??

No... one of the 'inner' adjuster bores is stripped (post #2... picture #1). The one in picture #3 is an outer adjuster cover. The new 10mm cover for the rear is deeper and it makes it's way to some threads. We call that dodging a bullet.

Dave, your fellow countryman Bruce N. has made the outer covers already. Might want to take that into consideration...
Eric_Shea
Since I already have vented 914-4 calipers in my car, number 3 and 6 are probably taken care of.

What is the "911 Rear Pad Spring Kit?" Is it already there?

The cores we used for the GT kit had springs so I had them plated and refurbished (riveted). You're all set there.

3 and 6 are rotor spacers and longer studs. If this is a GT clone you may want to take this time to install the 72mm Verbus studs in your hubs and use the open lug nuts. I'm not sure how far you want to go for the sake of GT appearance.

Regarding the rotor spacers. I believe we decided that you were going to attempt the spacers underneath the caliper ears (which I think is what you had). If that didn't/doesn't work we have the rotor spacers to go that route. There are two ways to go about it:

1. Space the caliper 5mm off the ear moving the centerline back to align with that of the 911 rotor.

2. Space the 911 rotor out 5mm to move the centerline out to match that of the 914-6/GT caliper. This is sometimes the only option because the 914 based calipers come 'very' close to the trailing arm.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 24 2006, 04:58 PM) *

I love 914-6/GT Calipers... just somethin about'em wub.gif

idea.gif ..........does A-aron wear them when he comes to "visit" you grouphug.gif
I think we all know how much you two like "toys" happy11.gif

av-943.gif
rickyhgarcia
Eric,

Thanks for the info...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.