Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Panel Hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hello,
I have removed my door panels all of the plastic plugs (not the clips attached to the fiber board) that go into the door are missing. Do I need the plugs? Can I get the plugs and clips new or is there a replacement that you found that is a cheaper alternative?

Thanks,
Dan
Trevorg7
morphenspectra sells them. You can find him in the resource section as well as on ebay; Amity914 I believe.

T
rhodyguy
see if james' prices are better than pelican's. i have no idea why they are so exspensive there.

k
Tobra
hijacked.gif piratenanner.gif

how about the little square captured nuts in there to bolt the door handle to? Why are the door panel bits so expensive anyway?
dlo914
try to find an original one and take that to the FLAPS and match'em up. they're like $2 for 10.
Aaron Cox
the captive nuts can be found at hardware stores....

as for the clips.... they are the same as used on a BMW 2002, and ive seen em cheaper in beamer catalogs....

BTW. im using velcro to hold mine on smile.gif
Trekkor
Velcro, eh. idea.gif

I like velcro and Home Depot may carry it.

KT
dlo914
QUOTE(trekkor @ May 25 2006, 09:48 AM) *

Velcro, eh. idea.gif

I like velcro and Home Depot may carry it.

KT

oOo huh.gif idea.gif not a bad idea Aa. smilie_pokal.gif
solex
Thank you, I contacted morphenspectra and am ordering everything from them, seems like the simplest thing to do and the price is pretty good.
rhodyguy
how much to do both doors? plugs and clips. put a vapor barrier in while you're there, and put some penetrant on the widow adjs. if either of the outside door handles are hesitant, replace the plastic sliders. one will fail right after you button things up. well mine did.

k
solex
k,
I hate quoting vendor prices but lets just say that I'm saving close to $30.00 per door on just the plugs and clips.
Dan
morph
Clips are $9.99 for a set of 9, plugs are $8.50 for a set of 9. A set does one door. We have to buy in large quantities to get the price we get on these.

Hiedi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.