Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need to rant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
I'm sorry, but I just can't take it any longer.

I have run into so many people that think that eBay is the only place to buy 914-related items. Over and over again, I see people grossly overpaying for items that are readily available from others sources for much less.

Case in point, Jack Hole Plugs. I can buy these things all day long for $1.86 each. The two geniuses bidding on these have got them to over $11 for a pair. Plus, they are going to pay over $4 in shipping and handling, plus a .60 delivery confirmation fee (WTF is that?)

This makes me want to contact the bidders and tell them that they are being stupid. Or, makes me want to start selling Jack Hole Plugs on eBay.
boxstr
If you were a buyer and had no where else to access parts then ebay is probably a great source, or you can buy from AA or PP or GPR or......
There are allot of things that sell on ebay for allot more than they should, but that is the buyers choice. They determine if it is to much for them to spend not you.
Maybe they bought an item that you paid $100.00 for and they were able to buy it on ebay for $20.00. Are you going to start informing the sellers on ebay that they sold the item to cheap?
CCLINPD@110+
boxsterfan
Where can you get them for a $1.86? (No, I am not one of the bidders).
736conver
Thats like asking why would someone pay .20 for a shroud screw through part pricer. When you can buy them all day long for .09.
Or a pedal bushing kit for 14.14 through part pricer. When you can buy them for 10.50.

Its all about what vendors you know. Not picking on part pricer just showing you the same thing, through your own website.
ChrisFoley
That's funny.

Yesterday Mary was Rain'xing the windshield on the race car with a paper towel. I had to explain that a 3" square piece of towel was much better as far less Rain-x would be required. Then the rest of the paper towel could be used to buff it out, thereby saving paper as well.

rolleyes.gif The girl nearby saw Mary with the tiny piece of paper rubbing the windshield and had to ask what that was all about. She compared it to when she applies astringent to her face, lol. I had to give her the entire explanation again, much to Mary's delight. happy11.gif
Rusty
914 Jack Hole Plugs - 1.86?

Where? I'm curious.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.