Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear End
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
73' Tub is in for final body work...But in his zeal for life, the body guy filled the indention on the outside directly under the rear trunk lock hole ...

Because it's been sooo long since I tore the tub down, I forgot what purpose this area serves...

Does anyone have a close up picture of this area...

Does anyone know if I need this indention or should I just leave it filled and let him paint it when he paints the tub...

Thanks,

2-OH!

Jeroen
If I understand you correctly, those are for the licenceplate lights
Phoenix-MN
Click to view attachmentIt's where the wiring comes through for the license plate lights

Paul

QUOTE(2-OH! @ May 25 2006, 08:05 AM) *

73' Tub is in for final body work...But in his zeal for life, the body guy filled the indention on the outside directly under the rear trunk lock hole ...

Because it's been sooo long since I tore the tub down, I forgot what purpose this area serves...

Does anyone have a close up picture of this area...

Does anyone know if I need this indention or should I just leave it filled and let him paint it when he paints the tub...

Thanks,

2-OH!

Allan
I think that indent is for routing the license plate light wiring.
2-OH!
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 25 2006, 09:16 AM) *

If I understand you correctly, those are for the licenceplate lights

Jeroen:

I think the license plate lights are on either side of this spot, same height and appearence, but to either side of this one...I will get the Wiring Harness out of the box tonight and see if it is one pigtail or two..

Thanks for the advice...

RE
2-OH!
Looking at the pictures, it is right between the two shown, directly over the little bracket that digs into my leg every time I pass by the tub and directly below the lock hole...The two on either side are still there...Don't know why he filled the center one but not the other two...

You guys are great...Thanks for the help...

RE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.