Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjkavanagh
Guys and Girls,

I hate the California stock bumpers on my "75" What other options are around if I wanted to replace them?

-Rob
Chogokin
you could go with the fiberglass 916 bumpers... or the older model chrome bumpers
SLITS
1.) Earlier teener bumpers backdate.....requires drilling & grinding

2.) Fiberglass 916 look-alike front and rear

Allan
Or fiberglass early style...
Mueller
you can also change the "california" '75 bumpers to the more streamlined european '75 bumpers by removing the "tits"

SLITS
Nerf bars?
Aaron Cox
cattle horn?
tod914
GT bumpers look great
horizontally-opposed
Anybody figure out roughly how much weight saved with fiberglass early bumpers?

pete
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 25 2006, 10:25 AM) *

Anybody figure out roughly how much weight saved with fiberglass early bumpers?

pete

over early metal bumpers? or late model...

i bet the early metal bumpers weigh 40 l-50 lbs together with tops....
Chogokin
my early metal rear with top is only 14 pounds... the front is about the same
horizontally-opposed
The early ones. The late ones are boat anchors.

So it's roughly 28-30 pounds for the pair of early bumpers (w/o tits, of course).

Is 4-5 pounds each, for a total savings of 20-ish pounds (and all at the ends of the car) by using the replica bumpers a good guess?

And, did anyone ever get around to tryng the new-gen chrome paint on the fiberglass bumpers with rubberized paint on the top sections like we were talking about doing?!?
JPB
Okay, this is it bro and I got first look at this one and have learned! Go low in the front and high in the rear! A front that drags the dirt from the road is way cool and the rear bumper like a stock one but FG including the rubber on top as one piece. This will make your ride look sweat and look at some ideas in the pics page. I have GT front and rear and wished my rear was higher; the GT rear bumper goes under the fenders, not a good thing. Check it out! Low front, high rear!
boxstr
A little brushed aluminum rear bumper for those who want to save weight and look like a roll pan.
CCLINROLLME
rhodyguy
what the hell is that? how much for the lenses? i'm cornering the market.

k
Joe Bob
Early bumper w/o tits painted body color.....
Mueller
QUOTE(JPB @ May 25 2006, 05:51 PM) *

Okay, this is it bro and I got first look at this one and have learned! Go low in the front and high in the rear! A front that drags the dirt from the road is way cool and the rear bumper like a stock one but FG including the rubber on top as one piece. This will make your ride look sweat and look at some ideas in the pics page. I have GT front and rear and wished my rear was higher; the GT rear bumper goes under the fenders, not a good thing. Check it out! Low front, high rear!

what??? screwy.gif

the rear GT fender is the same as an early stock steel bumper shape wise....the valance can removed and it's more for heat than aerodynamics

one thing to remember if replacing with 'glass....if you park your car where the general public parks, don't expect the 'glass bumpers to withstand any kind of impact....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.