Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to distinguish Marelli & Bosch distributors on a -6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
With the engine in the car how can I tell (easily) whether I have a Bosch or Marelli distributor? Or can I assume without looking that I have a Bosch since the Marelli caps and rotors are now made of unobtainum? Anyone happen to have a side-by-side picture of the two types?

Thx,

Skip Montanaro
TimT
Marelli caps are tall compared to Bosch. Marellis advance mechanism is tall also.

Bosch distributors have a little footbal shaped emblem riveted on them

etc..
Cap'n Krusty
The body of a Marelli is less than a half inch tall. The body of the Bosch distributor is around 2" tall. The Cap'n
smontanaro
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 25 2006, 01:43 PM) *

The body of a Marelli is less than a half inch tall. The body of the Bosch distributor is around 2" tall.

Dredging up an old topic. I saw an eBay auction for what purports to be a Marelli distributor cap: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=120108557181

Based on Krusty's dimensions this auction would seem to be for a Bosch cap, not a Marelli. Is this a case of caveat emptor? (Well, all of eBay is, but this auction might be especially so.)

Skip
SLITS
No worries .... it's for that Italian piece of crap. Look at the side view .... it's really tall.

Oh, how many of those distributors would you like? I have six in a box.
Cap'n Krusty
My dimensions referred to the body of the distributor. That is indeed a Marelli cap, just like the little emblem says ...................... The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.