Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any interest in billitt seat adj. handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dwillouby
I am looking into making a run of the seat adjuster loop handles.
Most likely will be made from billitt aluminium. The weak spots will be beefed up.
Not sure of the cost as of yet. Depends a lot on how many I make.

Anybody need a set?

David
wertygrog
Yes-my driver side loop is broken off. Will you design these so they are bolt on, instead of replacing the whole seat rail? That would be smashing! biggrin.gif

Brent
dwillouby
Yes they will bolt on where the originals were rivited on.

david
grasshopper
YES!!!!! Make these!! I hate the cheap plastic replacement ones! I have broken THREE of the plastic ones....
rktmn247
I would be interested also!
gopack
Yes please!
jd66921
Mine haven't broken yet, but knowing my luck, as soon as I touch
them they will!!

Jeff
theman352001
I may also be interested in a set once you have an idea of the price.

Thanks for looking into this.
turboman808
My cool side says YES

My minimalist side says NO
VegasRacer
Good idea. Bling bling icon22_2.gif
fiid
I need at least one. I don't necessarily need it to be billet.

Andyrew
No need for billet...

Make them steel, you'll get 2x more people buying them... and if they break off... people can actually re weld them (unlike the originals.. grrrr)
solex
I would be in for a pair
East coaster
Just saw a thread where someone had a set. I think it was James Adams car?? They may be just one-offs???
Grimstead
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 25 2006, 07:51 PM) *

No need for billet...

Make them steel, you'll get 2x more people buying them... and if they break off... people can actually re weld them (unlike the originals.. grrrr)

agree.gif
Depending on the price, I would be interested....
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Grimstead @ May 25 2006, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 25 2006, 07:51 PM) *

No need for billet...

agree.gif
Depending on the price, I would be interested....

agree.gif also smile.gif
dwillouby
Billit costs less to machine. You can allways paint or powder coat to suit. I am looking into both materials.
I will update

david
JWest
QUOTE(East coaster @ May 25 2006, 10:24 PM) *

Just saw a thread where someone had a set. I think it was James Adams car?? They may be just one-offs???

Good eye. Those are actually just originals that I sanded down and polished. Aluminum should be plenty strong - much more so than the original pot metal.
Gint
I'm a buyer know matter what material you use.
ptravnic
fwiw, I just bought one from gtautoperformance.com for $12. What can I say, I needed one, this board's classifieds yielded nothing, and I bit the bullet.

My old mans cars could use a pair each but he groaned at spending $48 + shipping.

-Pete
Trevorg7
Yes! I've broken two in a year; the last one last weekend.

T
dwillouby
QUOTE(ptravnic @ May 26 2006, 06:01 AM) *

fwiw, I just bought one from gtautoperformance.com for $12. What can I say, I needed one, this board's classifieds yielded nothing, and I bit the bullet.

My old mans cars could use a pair each but he groaned at spending $48 + shipping.

-Pete

What material are these made from? Dont think I can beat this price. Although they look to be prone to break in the same spots.

David
dflesburg
I am down for a pair
ptravnic
QUOTE(dwillouby @ May 26 2006, 08:55 AM) *

QUOTE(ptravnic @ May 26 2006, 06:01 AM) *

-Pete

What material are these made from? Dont think I can beat this price. Although they look to be prone to break in the same spots.

David

I've not yet rcvd it (just ordered it Tues). Will post the material type once I rcv the part. I figure it can't be worse than the stock pop metal..
JmuRiz
I'd love a pair!!!
jtf914
Yup, I'd take a pair!!
horizontally-opposed
I like the billet idea, though have no need for them (now...anyway...).

The cool thing about aluminum is that they could be ANODIZED black.

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.