Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Members VIN Numbers ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
the members VIN list is online again and can be found under the "914 Info" section.
the page takes quite a while to load, so please be patient.

i cleaned up the VINs quite a bit, there's a lot of crap in the database ...

which leads me to the next point:

PLEASE, go to your Members Profile "My Controls/Edit Profile Information" and add your VIN numer(s) !!!

- if you don't have a 914 or you don't want to share your VIN, simply add "n/a" to the textfield.

- if you have multiple 914s, you can add up to three or more, one in the main VIN field, one in the 2nd VIN field and as many multiples as you want in the 3rd field.
simply separate the VIN numbers with a comma ...

- you can add a short description of your car *after* the VIN numbers.

see attached pic for more info ...
beerchug.gif Andy

Gustl
many thanks, Sir pray.gif

now a great database is back mueba.gif

I hope that lots of members review (and correct, if necessary) their data idea.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
watsonrx13
Yes, thanks Andy....

Andy, I purchased a car from a member and they still have the car listed under their name, so the car shows as being owned by 2 members.....

BTW, the new car I purchased ends in 914....4742905914, how cool is that?????? biggrin.gif

-- Rob
Jeroen
great job!
Gint
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ May 26 2006, 05:10 AM) *

Yes, thanks Andy....

Andy, I purchased a car from a member and they still have the car listed under their name, so the car shows as being owned by 2 members.....

BTW, the new car I purchased ends in 914....4742905914, how cool is that?????? biggrin.gif

-- Rob

My /6 is serial number 356
Chogokin
anyone ever seen 4702900914?? Thats the one right there! piratenanner.gif
davep
Thanks Andy, that really helps research. What can be done about duplicate members names where people have signed in twice (Theprofoundway, theprofoundway@yahoo.com) is just one example.

BTW guys, check you VIN for correctness, they are ten digits long for one thing.
I can do much better research when the numbers are correct.
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ May 26 2006, 06:53 AM) *

BTW guys, check you VIN for correctness, they are ten digits long for one thing.
I can do much better research when the numbers are correct.

agree.gif clean 'em up boys and girls ...

slap.gif Andy
Allan
Hey Scott and Toast, it shows that you guys still own my car.... w00t.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
Hoss
Sir Andy,

I am in the same boat. motorhead was the previous kind owner prior to me, so there are multiple VIN owner entries. I think that it is good to keep some precedence of prior owners, but I am not sure how that translates for those that want to search the database for current owners and respective teeners.

By the way, thanks for all your efforts to keep this site and crew glued together. It is sincerely appreciated, especially by newbies like me that are way behind the power curve.

SirAndy
QUOTE(Hoss @ May 26 2006, 08:34 PM) *

I think that it is good to keep some precedence of prior owners, but I am not sure how that translates for those that want to search the database for current owners and respective teeners.
i have to give this some thought ... i'm sure there's an easy way ...

idea.gif Andy
Hoss
Sir Andy ... I have to give this some thought ... i'm sure there's an easy way ...

It depends on how you built and maintain your database. Something like a pull down menu that it dependent on latest entry/owner would have the latest owner on the top of the stack, and previous owners under that, but I am not sure what is the best procedure from your end or how folks search the list based on entry date.

In any case, from my perspective as a recent 914 infected owner, there is value in identifying the prior owner to fill in the history blanks. This forum is a goldmine of history and advice.
shelby/914
I have tried to check my 1976's vin several times today but can' get past the 1974 or 75 vins before the system gives me a fatal error and stops loading data. It says that the execution time was more than 30 seconds. Just trying to see how many PO's are still listed. confused24.gif I'm on a Dell Pentium 4 machine with a DSL connectio
Andyrew
"Owner since"

would fix that problem andy..

bada bing!
SirAndy
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ May 26 2006, 09:50 PM) *

I have tried to check my 1976's vin several times today but can' get past the 1974 or 75 vins before the system gives me a fatal error and stops loading data. It says that the execution time was more than 30 seconds. Just trying to see how many PO's are still listed. confused24.gif I'm on a Dell Pentium 4 machine with a DSL connection

yeah, the page is quite heavy on the DB ... i have to make some changes to the DB layout to make it easier and faster to load.
i'm thinking about braking it up into years for each, the 914/6 and 914/4 instead of just one complete list ... maybe even a simple search function and the option to order/list by owner ...

whatch'ya'all think?
smile.gif Andy
watsonrx13
Good idea on dividing it up into the years.....

Also, I know I've sent you 2 destroyed (cut up and parted out) VIN #, can you integrate these numbers into this list also? I know you've been working on the 'dead' list, but haven't published anything yet. Maybe if you put the 'dead' list in a separate table, with the last owner, then you could combine both tables (union) in a single list when someone searches by years. I know when I search the listed VIN # I'm looking for someone that has a car built around the same time my cars are.

Anyway, thanks again for providing this valuable list...

-- Rob
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.