Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another ebay mystery........WTF?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Hmmm......no fuel injection, a screwed tranny, sure seems like a 10K car! confused24.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...642281931QQrdZ1
smontanaro
Yes, but it's the "real deal". Didn't you read the description? wink.gif
Bartlett 914
Hey it's only $10,000.00 ahhh but the reserve has not been met. av-943.gif
ptravnic
Someone is sucker hunting...after all, it is a PORSCHE

unless you bought it in Europe, then its a VW

av-943.gif
URY914
"scat carb....."

confused24.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 26 2006, 06:09 AM) *

Hey it's only $10,000.00 ahhh but the reserve has not been met. av-943.gif

That's insane...If I was the seller, I would drop my reserve immediately and laugh all the way to the bank. I offer $2500, not a penny more.

I understand one or two idiots bidding, but a collection of them?? yellowsleep[1].gif Wake-up...what are you guys thinking!
drewvw

that makes no sense....why would anyone worth their salt drop 10K on that car.

I may have to put up my car on ebay at these prices:

73 1.7
Good condition, minor rust and interior issues

does not run because I am taking out the engine before the auction

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL! 15K!
Tobra
And not a single pic of the engine compartment, Hmm.

The more cars I see, the more of a deal $1500 for mine looks like
boxstr
Anytime you see a car on ebay at a bid that to you seems extremely high, look at the bid history.
JD855 and cokebox are very good friends of someone close to the auction,get it?
It happens all the time on ebay. Get the bid up and hope you draw in another bidder who bids higher in the last part of bidding. If not try again.
If a bidder steps blindly into this type of auction then I am sorry they will get what they deserve and not have anyone to cry to but themselves for not applying due diligence in a further investigation of what they are actually bidding on.
CCLINEBAYORMYWAY
SLITS
Shill bidding will be dealt with harshly.. ar15.gif gunner.gif hanged.gif fighting19.gif chair.gif sawzall-smiley.gif alfred.gif blowup.gif
KaptKaos
When you see this happening, you know that the reserve is just a little north of the current bid.

Shill bidding happens all the time on the evilbay.

If you look at the feedback for the bidders, sometimes you see that they actually buy 914 stuff, other times not. In this case, jd855 has recently bought a porsche golf shirt, a women's one piece bathing suit and a 928 telephone. Cokebox hasn't bought anything on ebay in a year and a half, so you can draw your own conclusions.
East coaster
I understand the shilling thing and I figured that might be the case, I just can't figure out why any real buyer wouldn't have bailed out at about 4 to 4.5K?? Even less without seeing the HH.
dflesburg
always makes me laugh when the seller comes in and trys to jack the price up near the aution end... and beats my highest price.

#1 rule of ebay - caveat emptor
#2 rule - set your max bid at only what the junk is worth in so so condition.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am still fixated On that SCAT carb. Oh yes i remember SCAT is a slang word
for SHIT. Thats what he ment,so i guess we will agree. Dave slap.gif
JPB
There are folks out there who don't need the money they have and just need a reason to spend it. I say just put rare or collectable on your Ebay, jack up the price, they will spend, and they will add more junk to their junk pile at home. I personally don't understand the collect's mentality. I have never won a bid on Ebay and only deal with the buy it now option, I think they are pulling suckers in by the minute.

beer.gif Beer breath mentality.
Allan
QUOTE(JPB @ May 26 2006, 06:06 PM) *

I say just put rare or collectable on your Ebay, jack up the price, they will spend, and they will add more junk to their junk pile at home. beer.gif Beer breath mentality.

Wanna buy my six? It's "Rare" and "Collectable"...

It collects dirt from the road.... rocking nana.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.