Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painting Inside of Center tunnel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I'm planning on painting the inside and outside of my center tunnel this weekend as I have the fuel lines out and I can't think of a better time to do it.

Painting the outside seems like it should be pretty easy. The prep work was pretty quick, so painting should be really quick. The inside is where I'm concerned as I can't think of any way to get really good coverage. I suppose there's no way really to get complete coverage, but I'd like to do as good a job as I can.

I recall Andy saying something about spraying compressed air inside to spread paint around, so I may give that a try. I was also thinking of tipping up the car by putting one end up on jack stands and letting the paint run inside. The problem I see with that is it may pool up in areas sunce I can't raise the car more than say 20 inches in the back.

-Tony
Allan
I think I'd just try and use a coat hanger with a sponge or cloth attached to it and daub as much Por-15 in there as you can.

Never tried it so I don't really know.

When ya gonna be ready for that PV run???
TonyAKAVW
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 26 2006, 10:29 AM) *

I think I'd just try and use a coat hanger with a sponge or cloth attached to it and daub as much Por-15 in there as you can.

Never tried it so I don't really know.

When ya gonna be ready for that PV run???

Thats a great idea!

Maybe a couple months? I seem to be perpetually a couple months away sad.gif So don't bother waiting for me. I can always take the TT.

-Tony
Crazyhippy
Go myth busters style and do a stick of dynamite in a paint can biggrin.gif

Oh wait, that didn't work....

The compressd air idea will help, but you will never be able to get 100% coverage in there. fortunatly there is still factory paint too, as you cant sand in there either.

BJH
TonyAKAVW
Most of the factory paint is gone. The only reason I'm painting in there is that there is a lot of surface rust. Last night I sprayed a bunch of Jasco Metal Etch inside.

Much of the rust seems to be due to a leaky brake master cylinder which spilled substantial amounts of fluid into the tunnel, probably mixed with water etc., and dissolved the paint.

-Tony
Aaron Cox
pour a bunch in and rock the tub around????

tilt and lean it lol
cobra94563
I used those cheapo foam paint brushes. They come in packs attached to plastic handles. Ripped off the foam head, cut in half, taped to coat hanger wire. Drilled 1in holes in a couple spots to get the mid points.
turboman808
I'm paiting my car what does it look like I'm doing Geez!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.