Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear brake discs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
heifetz
Anybody know where I can get a pair of rear brake rotors online (at a reasonable price and reasonable shipping)? I'm not having any luck finding them online. I need the 5-lug rotors. PP is charging $100 to ship a pair of rotors! My mechanic screwed up drilling the 4-lug rotors I bought.
davep
Eric Shea may stock the 914/6 rear rotors. The suckers are heavy so shipping is not cheap but $100 is a bit steap. They should fit into a flat-rate box for a really low shipping cost.
Eric_Shea
Can do... I have a new supplier now. Did I mention Worldpac S-U-C-K-S confused24.gif
heifetz
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 26 2006, 10:58 AM) *

Can do... I have a new supplier now. Did I mention Worldpac S-U-C-K-S confused24.gif

Eric, I sent you a PM.

Looks like either the shipping rates dropped drastically in the last few weeks or I'm an idiot. Shipping is now $40.75. WTF.gif
heifetz
Can I have the drilled holes welded closed and then have new holes drilled? Would this weaken or warp the rotors? Or do I suck it up and spend the $200 or so on new /6 rotors?

rhodyguy
flat rate shipping, priority mail, via usps will be under $10 per box. NO WEIGHT LIMITS. you could prob fill the box with a block of lead and the price would be the same. the post office gives the boxes away.

k
davep
What exactly did the guy do when drilling the rotors? Normally, one hole is used for the five bolt pattern, and four others are drilled on the same 130mm bolt circle, 72ยบ apart. Pretty tough for a compentent machinist to get wrong. Welding up the rotors may be tricky, but it is possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.