Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New....My introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
After selling my 2.8 twin plug 914-6 twenty years ago, I have never quit missing it. I bought a 84 911 about 3 years ago but it just does not fulfill the performance I am looking for and California smog laws have my hands tied. I happened to stumble on a low rust 914 and could not pass it up. It has been in dry storage for 12 years

The plan: Total frame up restoration with a 95 3.6 engine. I have a deposit on the engine already. Flares have been ordered as well. (jump right in!) I have a machine shop at my house and plan on doing 99% of the work myself.

I have been lurking a bit and I see numerous others have gone the 3.6 route. I could really use some help and suggestions on setup since this will be my first 993 engine. Mostly on oil cooling, tranny and axles. If you have done a 3.6 and are willing, please shoot me a e-mail so I can talk to you and gain some insight.

Anyway, it seems like this is a nice easy going group, any help greatly appreciated. I go by 84toy on the Pelican list.

I'm sure I would get flamed without a picture, so here is the basket case now....but not for long!
IPB Image
Lou W
welcome.png

Make sure that you take lots of pictures. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
welcome aboard matey!

95 as i recall is the best choice for a 3.6, nonvarioram, but hydraulic right?

nice. cant waut to see your progress. post some pics here as you go!
TonyAKAVW
Welcome to the club! Sounds like a really great project. Lots of people here like watching progress threads, so if you are so inclined, feel free to start up a thread for your project.

-Tony
grasshopper
looks like a great starting point. welcome.png sounds like you already have it planned out. chowtime.gif
Joe Bob
Welcome to our nightmare....
porschecb
You live in Sacramento & have a machine shop? You are my new friend. welcome.png
Allan
wavey.gif welcome.png
Rusty
Cool... welcome to the madness!

Glad you found your way back to a 914! Always remember, when you don't like that 911 anymore... it's a great donor car!

-Rusty smoke.gif
dinomium
welcome!

Take lots of fuzzy pictures so we can compare them to Andy's
Leo Imperial
welcome.png

Try to make it to the WCC
You will meet lots of opinions...I mean nice people and can get a chance to see
what others have done. I was blown away when I went last year.
Should be worth the trip and people love giving rides in a teener.
merrill
Welcome back. I am trying to get a leash extension that would reach to Portland. If I find one that long I would need a passenger to make sure the extension doesn't catch on anything! Wanna go for a ride?
So.Cal.914
914's are like hemroids,, there a pain in the @ss and know matter what you do they keep coming back. But ya gotta love um. Welcome!

smoke.gif
bd1308
who loves hemroids?

b
JPB
Nice find and welcome to our madness. As for 911 to 914, you can't overlook your true nature and calling. Remember 914=verility, 911=sterility. Welcome back to your new found verility and life! Now go and plant the seeds of mayhem!

sheeplove.gif Teener blood boils.

Andyrew
Welcome!!!!

Good luck!!

Andrew
type47
there's just no justice. a carrera doesn't give you enough performance and i have to lift in the turns with my 1.8L L-jet.
drewvw

welcome.png
grasshopper
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 26 2006, 04:19 PM) *

914's are like hemroids,, there a pain in the @ss and know matter what you do they keep coming back. But ya gotta love um. Welcome!

smoke.gif

jeez... i sure do have a lot of hemroids then blink.gif
Gint
I guess you didn't spend enough cubic cash the lst time huh?!

Welcome to the club Paul!
BigDBass
welcome.png

Is PRS your initials or a reference to the Paul Reed Smith line of guitars?
GWN7
Hello and welcome beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.