Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving and Surfing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
So I'm driving my teener from Manhattan to Buffalo right now. This modern technology stuff allows me to surf the 914club & drive the car at the same time! I just passed through Binghampton, half way there.

Don't fret, traffic is light...

And the putt putt is behaving itself & feels v strong up the (mini ) mountains.

Life is good!
jsteele22
Yeah,

I was at a bar a few weeks ago (getting an early start on Mike Ginter's birthday...) and a guy walks in w/ a laptop, opens it up, and fires up a browser. I'm thinkin' WTF ??? Turns out he was playin poker.

ptravnic
and the beauty of the Treo is that I can "type" w/one hand & hold the screen @ about eye level... who'dathunkit 50yrs ago...
tommy914
QUOTE(ptravnic @ May 26 2006, 03:35 PM) *

and the beauty of the Treo is that I can "type" w/one hand & hold the screen @ about eye level... who'dathunkit 50yrs ago...

What's really cool, is that when you have a wreck because you aren't paying attention to driving, the Treo will imbed itself into you skull when your head smashes against it and the steering wheel.
Crazyhippy
i can type w/ one hand too... but it's not from having a treo.....
bd1308
Yeah the biggest wireless internet provider went belly-up a year or two ago, something called......I dont remember. Verizon has a similar service....

b
ptravnic
OK - I'm not advocating distracting yourself while driving... It's just an amazing advancement and just flat out funny to me that everything has become so easily accessable (reading blogs about how to fix/upgrade your car whilst driving it). What's next, having all the info on the page read back to you or displayed on the windshield? Cool time to be alive...

Anyway, 20 mins away from Buffalo. Happy surfing all.

-pt
Mark Henry
Show how clueless I can be...I thought by the title you were doing the "Moon Doggie" bit.

While driving the last thing I want is a cell or laptop to bug me....hell I don't even own a cell or a laptop.
Andyrew
I get off my cell as quick as I can while driving...

If I cant get off in 2 mins, I pull over...

I also dont drive manual trani's with the music on (unless I have a passanger, and they want it on) as its a distraction... (actually the music will keep the passanger from talking to me, and allow me to focus on the road while I tune out the music)

Im picky when I drive...
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(ptravnic @ May 26 2006, 01:35 PM) *

Who dathunkit 20yrs ago

smoke.gif
McMark
I'm glad people in CA don't drive like that. lol2.gif rolleyes.gif wink.gif
JPB
I'm the worst driver unless I'm driving to drive. Our 914 have no respect for drivers and have very little forgiveness in an accident. The best thing about the internet is that you can get a part sent to ya on the road if you need one ASAP. Save a teener and drive her like she wants it, hard and dry!

beer.gif Like in pre 80's movies, "Have one for the road Jim."
turboman808
Firend of mine got kill last fall because a kid was text messaging while driving. mad.gif
messix
just read some isaac asimov fiction from about the 1940s. alot of what he foreseen is yet to come.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.