Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOL. "When will your car be done?"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
so i came home from school today, took the car cover off the car and wanted to work on it a little....

came back and overheard a neighbor talking to my dad about it

Neighbor -"when will Aaron's porsche (one syllable dry.gif ) be done?"
Dad - "when women and children run scared from it...."
Neighbor - "i see...."

chairfall.gif

my dad cracks me up....
TonyAKAVW
Last night I was out in the garage and some guy drives by "How's the Porsh coming along? Last time I came by, you were sanding the floorpan"

I said "pretty soon, I'm putting a new motor in it." Though the reality is that that car I _was_ working on is now someone else's project, and this is a totally different one.

Otherwise I am in a perpetual state of "a couple months from now," at least for most of this year that is.

The reality is, to get it to the point I really want it, will probably be a couple years or more. (flares, new paint job, fiberglass or carbon hoods and bumpers, built-in PC, etc.)

-Tony
KaptKaos
he seems to be a very understanding guy
Allan
Mine's done...

Just needs:

Tranny leak fixed, new paint and body work, electrical sorted out, door panels, seats, 5 lug conversion, wheels, tires, etc,etc,etc......

But it's fast.... clap56.gif
Hammy
"Pretty soon...." meaning about a week.

I've been saying that for the past 3 months now. smile.gif
JPB
Mine was good to go when I purchased it last fall and its been about 5 months of pittering. I have a header which is getting ceramicated and on the way, paint job ready and on the way, rolecage 6-10 point ready and on the way, break upgrade ready and on the way, new windshield ready and on the way, polish rims and reskin and on the way, reinstall full interior ready and on the way, get all electrical work done and on the way. I say about a couple of days.

wub.gif It's a laybour of love, hope she ain't a hoe.
Brando
My response:

When It's done! biggrin.gif
fitsbain
July 19th

That's when I leave for Maine and I'm going to drive it there.

drewvw

mines in a pretty good state of done....but I'm getting the bug to find 2.0 engine now, dammit!
swood
Aaron, Aaron, Aaron...

I say "whenever the hell I feel like it!"

Actually, I'm sticking to "this summer"ish.

When I dropped the front end last weekend wifey came out and asked if was almost ready to roll. I said "...ayup." wink.gif
jd66921
Why not just say "never"! That's the truth, isn't it? My list is too long to ever
finish, and by the time I get toward the end, I will be starting over!!

I've only had the car three weeks!

Jeff
Elliot_Cannon
It won't be done till I sell it, or someone steals it.
Elliot
Andyrew
No.

Sall I tell em..
Rand
"Never!!" Mine will never be done. It's one of my hobbies.

Today, it's my daily driver and running great. But I've got a "to do" list.

I figure the stuff on the current list will be done in about a year. But by then I'll have dreamt up some more things to do to it. Even it appeared to be perfect, there's always room to lose another pound, add another horsepower, trick another part, etc.
elwood-914
Like in the movie ' The Money Pit'. Shelly Long asks the contractor "when are you going to be done?" The answer was ALWAYS "2 weeks" dead horse.gif
Rand
laugh.gif

There was a running joke with the music store I used to do a lot of business with....

"When will it be here?"

"Two weeks."

Come back in two weeks... repeat the same Q&A.

They also had a nice prop for people who complain: They took the sound box (for lack of better description) out of a crying baby doll. You know, the kind you squeeze and they cry... So, roll open the drawer, pull out the little gadjet, push the button and hear the "waaahhh wahhhh waaahh." Somone complains, they had the crying sound effect ready.....Guess you had to be there.

jonwatts
When the wife asks I say "when you stop harassing me every time a box shows up on the front doorstep."

To other people say "never" or "when it hits the wall at 150 MPH."

Rand
AAron... your dad rocks. laugh.gif Great sense of humor.

I figure yours is half done... since currently only children run screaming from it. Or is that women? laugh.gif I'll refrain from the jokes about "depends on who's driving."
nbscooters
Friends of mine say that same thing too. Whens it going to be finished. Then when my friends see it on the road, they ask "Did you get your porsh done?" ummmm well cant you see that I am driving it. hah

haha porsh
Gint
When I get damn good and ready to finish it.

or....

When you give me $10k - LOL!
East coaster
Mine's 90% done.....................and 90% to go!!
TROJANMAN
The easy answer is, before aaron's laugh.gif
unless you're aaron of course, then you say, before Slits'
and if your slits you say, before Shea's
and if you're shea you say, before Gint's,
and if.........

well, I think you get it.
BigDBass
Next weekend! biggrin.gif
Leo Imperial
Your dad rocks!

Mine will be done when I hand the keys over to my son.
He is 3 now so I have a while to make it my way before he starts the process over.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Rand @ May 26 2006, 08:03 PM) *

AAron... your dad rocks. laugh.gif Great sense of humor.

I figure yours is half done... since currently only children run screaming from it. Or is that women? laugh.gif I'll refrain from the jokes about "depends on who's driving."

that he does, he be funny....... it scares women... but the kids like it. gotta work on that LOL

MattR
I forgot I had a 914 until I read this thread...

I think it needs an engine or something.
Rand
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 26 2006, 09:11 PM) *

it scares women... but the kids like it. gotta work on that LOL

Depends on the women laugh.gif
JPB
"To be done", is a relative statement which is different for everyone. The absolute answer from all of us would be "never" though. This would also spawn another question to the old lady, "does this mean you will never stop nagging?"

headbang.gif The car is never the problem by the way and your screwed if she dosen't say what it realy is; remember the 80% divorce rate.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 26 2006, 04:26 PM) *

I didn't know Aaron was building a Chalon.
Grimstead
Next time someone asks 'When will it be done' just look at them kinda confussed and say 'What do you mean?'
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 27 2006, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 26 2006, 04:26 PM) *

I didn't know Aaron was building a Chalon.

+ 1

i laughed till it hurt on that one chairfall.gif
mack914
As Yogi would say, "It ain't finished 'till it's finished."
Joe Bob
Didya ever finish 'splainin' to Dadz about the "Lil Slut" thang?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ May 27 2006, 03:42 PM) *

Didya ever finish 'splainin' to Dadz about the "Lil Slut" thang?

ironically that vinyl tube came out today..... gonna do the window brow....

i think i need a squeegee huh?

AA
Joe Bob
Credit card works in a pinch....
Aaron Cox
its about 6" x 60" ......

and i should proabably do it out of direct sunlight....

maybe a windshield wiper would work as a squeegee LOL

any tips?
iamchappy
Looks like July or August or September or............
craig downs
I hope by the end of the year.
The wife keeps asking if I have everthing I need.
I say almost
ClayPerrine
Never. I can always find more to do to one of our 914s.

Today I was fixing the exhaust leak and setting the timing, and I sat on the floor and eyeballed the turbo motor........

It's not a hobby.. It's an obsession. And it keeps me off the street.
JPB
Keep your relationship honest just say," honey when we make love, I close my eyes and see our 914, is that wrong?" If she is competing with your car time/spending just ask, "honey where is your on and off switch?" If all else fails just ask, " if I rev you up, will you give me the same gratification?' If words of wisdom don't keep her straight exhorting words are needed like," hey at least the car is cheeper to keep!" Now that should keep things on an even keel.
shoguneagle
WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "DONE"?????

It is still sitting on flat tires on the trailer; has not made the jack stands yet. I always thought it had to set on jack stands for at least two years.

Kinda "pushing things" if I break the cardinal rule of not letting the 914 set on the jack stands for at least two years. HA!HA!HA!

Seriously, picking up final parts this coming weekend at Parts Heaven (complete 3.2 Carrera engine) along with some other parts bought via the 914 Club (The First Source). I will work on the body this summer replacing some rusted areas, treating the entire bottom with Por-15 and metal etch, mounting suspensions, modifying the brakes, engine mount, wiring, etc. I think I will go take a "knap". The foregoing has made me tired.

Steve Hurt
balljoint
What? Finish it? Why? That would ruin one heck of a conversation piece in the garage here. Okay fine Mom, since I have moved out I guess the car will have to as well, and then you can have your parking space back.....sheesh.

That is how it was. This summer it is more like this.............driving.gif

Of course, I have some new rear shocks to install and I need some new springs and.................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.