Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And you thought my old linkage was bad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
yup, it's wierd.
Aaron Cox
bell crank linkage.

ive heard they are crap because the engine expands when warm and makes it idle fast or vise versa
URY914
Very "Micky Mouse" but that was big with the VW crowd for some reason.
rhodyguy
hey, that's a center pull "porsche " style linkage. porsche style... what the hell does that mean?

kevin
kafermeister
I quit using bell-crank linkage on my Type-1 a long time ago because one side would get out of adjustment when the engine heated up. NOW, however, CSP is selling the push-pull (bell-crank) linkage because, get this, the engine expands and contracts with the linkage. I guess they think they believe they've found just the right combo.

Anyway, in my personal opinion, the hex-bar linkage is the hot ticket for duals.

Good luck
Rick
rhodyguy
impo this setup is front row center.

kevin
kafermeister
Yep. That's the stuff. That is the style linkage you want.
rhodyguy
black powder coat. if one had their's done in candy red all you would need is a diamond in your front tooth and a long fur coat.

kevin
"Kelvin Seen Powders"
Aaron Cox
kevin, who makes that linkage?
URY914
I've got that same linkage. Bought it from Automotion 10-11 years ago. Ain't none better.

Paul
rhodyguy
mine is a triad. based upon the setup that weitmister no longer offers and improved. i have an old weitmister. i've dealt with the piece of crap that came with my first set of 44's (performance wherehouse absolute worst linkage) and had marginal success with one from cb. too much crap to fiddle with.

kevin

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.