http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-363122402423155696
VegasRacer
Oops.
MattR
Looks like he coulda done it flat out if he had any driving talent

and wasnt wearing fireproof gloves with a t-shirt biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Guy went out of his racing league...

Proof that DE is MANDITORY.. If anything to learn the limits of your car...

also proof that I wont do anything but T hill and Buttonwillow for a while.. I dont like walls...
URY914
never lift.....
TimT
I dont like walls...

Heh

Watkins Glen, Lime Rock... you just learn to put the walls out of mind..
Andyrew
I like CA courses.. but ya.. played those on the computer... nice courses.
MattR
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 26 2006, 07:57 PM) *

never lift.....

Even some F1 drivers lift in Eau Rouge... though they dont like to admit it.
Joe Bob
Izzat one of them water pump Porshas or izzit an Audi? Ignition is on the column....

Boy looks like he's driving to Sunday Church social with Ms. Ellie's bloomers on his mind....cause he certainly wasn't racin"
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ May 26 2006, 08:33 PM) *

Izzat one of them water pump Porshas or izzit an Audi? Ignition is on the column....

Boy looks like he's driving to Sunday Church social with Ms. Ellie's bloomers on his mind....cause he certainly wasn't racin"

looks like a late 944....

he was cruisin.....

looks like he coulda just got on the breaks and gone to the left (thru the infield...) but man.

oooops

AA
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 26 2006, 10:55 PM) *

Guy went out of his racing league...

Proof that DE is MANDITORY...

That was just a DE. The guy should have had an instructor in the car though 'cause he didn't know what he was doing. He let about 6 cars pass him at the hairpin, couldn't keep up with them going into Eau Rouge, then lost it because he didn't know the right line through the corner. He's real lucky the wall there was a nice tire wall to bounce off of. boldblue.gif
Andyrew
Thats one freeking packed DE..

The one's I have been to have had much more space between cars...

Check his other video's... he has one with at least 30 cars passing him in half a lap...

Ya, its a late 944 (86+) non turbo.
Scott Carlberg
it doesn't look like he's wearing a SEAT BELT either, I mean when he hits the wall, he nearly goes ALL the way over the shifter! ohmy.gif
Andyrew
Seatbelt doesnt do much for left to right.. your shoulder slips out.

If he wasnt wearing his belt, his torso would have moved to the shifter...

Also notice he downshifted to THIRD, not second or first for the first corner he takes... and then SHIFTS to 4th way early...

Andrew
Brando
Poor kid.

Oh well, nother parts 944 for the taking. I bet you'll see his front calipers on ebay real soon.
Andyrew
944 non turbo's are small calipers..

the 944 S2's are good though. 944 turbo's are the same. (who knows, the car may be an S2... but he sure didnt drive it like one.
Jeroen
This was not a DE. More of an open trackday
(although I'm sure there were instructors available to show you the lines)

Don't let anyone fool you into taking Eau Rouge flat out.
Unless you have a car with real downforce (like F1), it's total BS
Even the GT3 racers brake HARD before going up there

He's going in too hot (he just lifts but doesn't brake)
this forces him to take a line that's too tight and he ends up on the outside of the corner about 30 yards too early

he also notices his mistake too late
you don't see him correcting his line just untill he's about to hit the outer curbs - way too late

Car is an '88 944 NA
MattR
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 27 2006, 10:48 AM) *

He's going in too hot (he just lifts but doesn't brake)
this forces him to take a line that's too tight and he ends up on the outside of the corner about 30 yards too early

agree.gif

I was just joking about flat out... I would venture to guess only a handfull of F1 drivers do it flat out, and they generate a little more downforce then a 944 (even with a spoiler) with slightly better tires.

I cant imagine driving there. Its one of the most famous turns in motorsports. He probably got a little anxious... I know I would.
Jeroen
The whole track is awesome like that
Extremely fast. Long straights combined with fast and technical corners
It's my favorite track so far

Here's a better line through Eau Rouge (the red tail dragger is me)

http://www.914world.com/videos/eau_rouge.wmv

The elevation is HUGE through there and when you get at the top, the track flattens out quite suddenly, so the car gets very light (right where you have to make a turn) THAT's the scarry part

maf914
I went to a WSPC (World Sports Prototype Championship) race at Spa in 1990. The Sauber-Mercedes C11 was dominant, whooping up on Jaguar, Porsche, Nissan and Toyota. Mercedes had their junior team in one car, with relatively unknown drivers named Michael Schumacher and Heinz Herald-Frentzen.

As I recall it was rainy and cold, typical weather for Spa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.