Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very OT: Best, Cheapest & Easiest Software for Video Captue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Hey, video GURU's... I've been searching & reading about various video capture programs and my brian can't capture no more info blink.gif I figure there's someone, prolly many, within our club that can offer advise.

I video the graduations for Guide Dogs and we've just gone to a digital camera. I was using a VHS camera/recorder but now it's DVD's all the way so...
I need a program that will download from the digicam into my computer, convert the movie to MPEG2 (unless there's a better way) and then be able to burn a DVD that can be distributed to our Puppy Raisers, Graduates and anyone else that wants them. The movie is 1 hr. & 20 to 30 minutes long & needs to fit on a standard DVD.
They need to be compatible with all DVD players out there.

I need help & suggestions.

Thanks....

.........b beer.gif
johannes
If you don't know anything about video I would suggest you buy Ulead DVD movie factory. http://www.ulead.com/dmf/runme.htm
Download the free trial, so you can check if the program is for you

This is easy all in one software. It's the easiest way to go from your video to the DVD. ... I, suggested it to my 65 year old father in law.
He made his videos, burned his DVD and I didn't even had to help ...
Anyway you need lot of space on your hard drive to achieve such a long video.
Be aware that most external hard drives won't make it.
iamchappy
Go buy a dvd recorder doesn't get any easier than that and is cheaper. I just purchased a Samsung for 120.00 it even has dv camera inputs. I wont have to do time consuming computer captures anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.