Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok This is a weird one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
OK Maybe someone has run into this.

I was installing my tail lights yesterday. Had to figure out the wiring. As usual the Haynes manual was pratically worthless.

Think I have it all figured out.. at least everything is working as it should on the outside.

Here's the problem. When I turn my turn signals on the seat belt warning light flashes along with it, both directions.

But, here's more wierdness, the turn indicator on the tach will work correctly if I turn the drivers side TS on. If I turn the pass side TS on the indicator in the tach flashes as if I have the hazard switch on (you know both arrows).

Note: everthing is working outside the car just fine. Just not inside.

Also... where is that F&#$(&ing seat belt buzzer so I can disconnect the damn thing. Really F'in annoying.

EDIT - Oh and I just noticed that the hazard switch is not working.

tdgray
icon_bump.gif for the post holiday crowd.

Any ideas people... blink.gif
Dr. Roger
seat belt buzzer fix....

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...=warning+buzzer
Rand
QUOTE(tdgray @ May 27 2006, 06:24 AM) *

where is that F&#$(&ing seat belt buzzer so I can disconnect the damn thing.

Seatbelt relay annoyance device is under the passenger seat. You can rip it all out and just join the big yellow wire (starter circuit) and the brown-only grounds.

In your general rounds, make sure all the contacts are clean at the fuse panel and taillight bulbs.
tdgray
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ May 30 2006, 05:31 PM) *

Thanks Doc... but I have a 73... donna have all that crap. (thank God).

I will take a look at the fuse block this weekend.

GaroldShaffer
I have the same problem with the turn signal on the tach. driver side works as it should but when passenegr side is turn both flash on the tach. My problem is the front turn signal housing. The bulb doesn't fit tight in the socket and I have to bend the socket to get the bulb tight. Yes it is the correct bulb, just a feature of my car biggrin.gif

Check and make sure the bulbs are tight in the socket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.