Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with F/I
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikey13
Hi,

I've got a 72 1.7L and it's just finished being restored, now I have a problem with it running. It is very hard to start up and doesn't like to idle cold, now once it has been warmed up by running it around the block a few times it runs better and idles not too bad

now when running it seems to lag and not want to accelerate as quickly as it should. It feels like it's plateauing at around 2500-3000rpm and after that it takes off again through 4-5000rpm

it is also not giving me full throttle, at 3/4 of the way down the pedal is when it feels the best. if i push the pedal down any further it feels like it is bogging out. it also bogs out when it is warming up and sometimes backfires

I've gone through the newly rebuilt motor and everything seems fine, at first i found it was a broken hammer within the TPS and that has been since replaced. The MPS looks like it's been opened up and F-ed with. any suggestions as to what to do?

Thank you,

-Mike
r_towle
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/

this is the diagnostics for DJet.

Check the MPS to make sure it hold a vacuum.
check the position of the TPS, make sure its set right (throttle issues)
The bogging is either the MPS, ignition, or vacuum leaks.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.