Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: one of the worst crashes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
all I can say about this is I hope the ferrari driver got out alive...I doubt it seeing that his car blew up blowup.gif Crash
davep
That was few years ago I think. Not much visibility.
Aaron Cox
porsche driver survived....

ferrari guy die?
Joe Bob
The drivers ended ups uing the race track for being dumb shits.....not cancelling for the rain and the lack of safety trained people...
nbscooters
Yeah, Ive seen that before. Their goes a $150,000 993 Cup car. Who cares about that Ferrari.
grasshopper
QUOTE(nbscooters @ May 27 2006, 03:40 PM) *

Yeah, Ive seen that before. Their goes a $150,000 993 Cup car. Who cares about that Ferrari.

I dont give a shit about either car really, just hope the occupants lived
drewvw

god damn....scary how quick the ferrari blew up. It was almost like went up before it hit the porsche...whats with that?
nbscooters
Yeah, I hope both drivers were alright. Could be a number of issues of why that car blew up before the Porsche.
serge914
Both drivers survived but the Ferrari one was quite burned and sued the race oganisation for giving the start with such bad visibility.
Hammy
How'd they get such good sound for the vid blink.gif
turboman808
What they got dynamite in the bumpers? Never seen a car go up like that. Drivers didn't have to start. Didn't look safe to me, I wouldn't have started.

Note to self don't buy ferrari...
elocke
Maybe it was the Porsche gas tank that blew up. The fire didn't start until the front of the Porsche started crumpling.
elocke
nother
elocke
I think the white cloudy stuff above the 911 front is gas spray
Brando
Then why didn't the Porsche explode? Another tribute to fine german engineering -- occupants have a much higher survivability rate than other sports cars.
BMXerror
The Porsche did explode. At the end of the video it showed the guy getting out of the Porsche and it was all burned and jacked up in the front. I think it was contained to the front a little better than in the Ferrari though. I agree with Elocke though. I'm pretty sure the Porsche's fuel cell went up first. I also saw a later video of the Ferrari driver being taken out of the car. He was jacked, but was moving. Scary stuff, but it's good to see to remind you to respect what you're dealing with.
Mark D.
redshift
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...q=porsche+crash

trunk monkey 3!

M
JPB
Scaaarrrrry stttttuff. Just thinking, those cars are safer than what is out on the road. I wonder how fast they were going?
jsteele22

I read the thread b4 wathcing the video. When I heard that the Ferrari driver was suing for starting under bad conditions, I thought that was pretty lame. But man !, that was like driving through soup ! I don't see any way a tight-packed stream of cars could drive through that, much less race. Would any of you folks drive though sh*t like that ?

And it's a weird thing about videos of car racing - no matter how fast they're going, it always "looks" slow. I mean you're thinking : this should only be a glancing blow, little bit of front end damage... then Whoomph.

From elocke's frame grabs, it looks pretty clear that it was the Pcar gas that got squirted into the air and went up first. Liquid gasoline (street gas, anyways) is barely flamable. I haven't actually tried it, but they say you can put a match out in a cup of gasoline. (Probably want good ventillation for that !) But once you get it sprayed into the air, you've got the perfect mix of fuel and oxygen. Scary stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.