Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: finally met leo no porsche content just a tribute
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
no helpful information here. just a recap of my day with leo

pic 1 ready to head to nj

to test weak brake pedal (method leo used is he drives real fast up and down winding country roads until the brake line explodes and you blow through a stop sign at 50 mph pulling the emergency break to try and stop)no pics of that to busy fighting of a heart attack.

pic 2 we find the problem

pic 3 our trusty assistant hits his head

pic 4 leo drops me off in manhattan without my car.

seriously leo had a great day. talk to you soon
Joe Bob
Dude....please ditch those fake Fuch hubcaps....please.....
nycchef
QUOTE(mikez @ May 27 2006, 03:59 PM) *

Dude....please ditch those fake Fuch hubcaps....please.....

# 2 on my list right after getting my brakes back
drewvw

rich...any progess on your 4000 rpm problem?
nbscooters
Nice nipples on that non appearance L20E. I got the same setup.
turboman808
Hey we need to have a fix car day!!!

Someone can help me adjust my shifter and show me how the hell to get the seats out. In exchange I'll rotate your tires. biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 27 2006, 05:52 PM) *

Someone can help me adjust my shifter and show me how the hell to get the seats out. In exchange I'll rotate your tires. biggrin.gif

What do ya need to know? Slide them all the way forward, take a flat screwdriver and slide it under the seat adjuster and push further forward....there's a safety stop that needs to pop up when fully forward
Joe Bob
On the shifter....loosen the clamp, set the trans in second gear manually while under the car....set the shifter where there in NO side to side pressure, tighten clamp....it should be close....assuming the bushings and other stuff is in good shape.
nycchef
[quote name='turboman808' date='May 27 2006, 04:52 PM' post='690004']

[/quote

coming soon once i get my car back we'll set something up. leo's working on a sort of block party out by him. but we can get together at my house, smoke some ribs have a beer and whatever. hell i think theres only 4 of us here.
turboman808
My back yard is pretty fly. Big grill, seating and pumping backyard system. Even got internet in back for when I work on cars. But working on cars here sucks. Queens houses got crazy narrow driveways.
nycchef
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 27 2006, 05:29 PM) *

My back yard is pretty fly. Big grill, seating and pumping backyard system. Even got internet in back for when I work on cars. But working on cars here sucks. Queens houses got crazy narrow driveways.

i got no driveway i just figured on taking over the block
Leo Imperial
The NYCHEF diggin in on his car. Great meeting you richie. beerchug.gif Good food attracts wrenchs. I say everyone have a party... oh wait Turboman808 you can't come all of you questions have already been answered in this thread. I will see you tomorrow at the Meadowlands,
turboman808
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 27 2006, 07:35 PM) *

oh wait Turboman808 you can't come all of you questions have already been answered in this thread. I will see you tomorrow at the Meadowlands,

To bad I still don't see how the seats come out. Not even sure they are stock rails. I know for a fact wevo says to adjust mine from 3rd gear. That I think I can figure out but I would like to make sure.

Yep see ya tomorrow. Don't everyone beat me to bad I'm still learning. driving.gif
Dr Evil
Leo is my friend biggrin.gif

When is the block party?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 27 2006, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 27 2006, 07:35 PM) *

oh wait Turboman808 you can't come all of you questions have already been answered in this thread. I will see you tomorrow at the Meadowlands,

To bad I still don't see how the seats come out. Not even sure they are stock rails. I know for a fact wevo says to adjust mine from 3rd gear. That I think I can figure out but I would like to make sure.

Yep see ya tomorrow. Don't everyone beat me to bad I'm still learning. driving.gif

WEVO SAYS THIRD BECAUSE YOU HAVE A 915 TRANS.

third is center and straight forward on a 915/916/923.
second is center and straight forward on a 901/911/914

told you that on the pelican thread smile.gif

just bustin your chops over repeated info
ptravnic
I'm in for meeting up anywhere. I'd like to go to Pittsburgh but its too far...

-Pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.