Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From the Evil lab for your summer time enjoyment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I am back to making the CV bolts that you can safety wire. I will be doing them all summer. This year, due to customer requests last year, I have included with the kits a set of schnorr washers (cupped, serrated washers that keep your CV bolts from backing out). If you want to just buy the washers they are $.30 ea + shipping.

Public service announcement:

CHECK YOUR CV BOLTS OFTEN!!!! This is a problem that has plagued us and is why I make these bolts.

One set = 8 bolts + 8 washers which is enough for the CVs on the tranny (most common problem) is $21 shipped to your door if you live in the lower 48....I probably won't charge more for the other areas as well so long as the shipping doesn't completely screw me.

Never worry about your CV bolts backing out again.

Specs:
12.9 hardness, allen head (because I hate having ot have some special friggen tool), drilled and chamfered so you can saftey wire it and not worry, 45mm, and REUSABLE.
Allan
I'll take a set Mike.

Paypal okay?
Dr Evil
I guess I should have stated, anyone interested can just PM me so we can swap addresses and then just pay with check. I wont wait for the check (I have done this befoe and I trust the family) so it will get sent off just as fast. Paypal would cut into my business and raise my prices.

Allan, PM me so I don't foget and I will send them out Tues.

Thanks and by the way, all evil werks stuff is being done to raise money for my (hopeful) wedding in Oct of 07. Since I don't have a job and we live on a shoe string this is the only way I know how to make money with my tallents int he off season.

Trannies, too!
type47fan
Mike, got mine in the mail today!

Thanks, again,
736conver
CHECK YOUR CV BOLTS OFTEN!!!! This is a problem that has plagued us and is why I make these bolts.

So true. I didnt have the schnorr washers on and my bolts got loose. It was a good thing I went under the car for a little check-up before it was too late.

Dr Evil
All too often man. I remamber a rash of bad things regarding this two years or so ago. That is what prompted me to make these.
Dr Evil
Just updated the tech specs that I forgot on the bottom. They are harder than stock, too!
Britain Smith
I will take a set. PM sent.

-Britain
Dr Evil
Packed and ready to ship Tues.
Dr Evil
Gonna make up the last of my stock this Tues and ship Wed so if you need them now get your orders in, otherwise yer gonna have to wait a week or two while I wait to get new stock in the mail.
VaccaRabite
I will take a set, and request hand delivery....

When do you want to trek down?

Zach
Dr Evil
Zach,
I got you down for a set. I will plan on making it down when I get my car up and running (hopefully soon), but I am waiting for parts.
Rusty
Herr Doctor...

Are these the triple-square bolts, or the hex version?

-Rusty smoke.gif
GS9146Driver
Specs:
12.9 hardness, allen head (because I hate having ot have some special friggen tool), drilled and chamfered so you can saftey wire it and not worry, 45mm, and REUSABLE.

Hey Rusty!
"The Doctor" Posted " allen head... no special friggen tool", I imagine 6 pt. hex is supplied.
Hope all is well with you.
Regards, George from OK here with the blue six. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Hey, thanks for answering for me. I still do not get any notice when there are replies to this thread.

Yup, 6mm allen. I am shipping out quite a few sets in the morning and awaiting more raw materials. biggrin.gif
Rusty
My bad. Despite a college degree... I still can't read sometimes. biggrin.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Dr Evil
Ha! Congradulations on that, BTW.
TROJANMAN
do you have a pic of them installed?
how exactly do they get wired?

Ferg
Greg I drewed you a diagram biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
av-943.gif!
Dr Evil
Actually, your drawing is wrong. The wire should come from the bottom of the bolt to the right or from the top to the left so it is always pulling the bolt on a clock wise, tightening position. Also, you do not need to wire all of the bolts together. You only need to wire them in pairs.

Still funny as hell!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 31 2006, 11:55 AM) *

Greg I drewed you a diagram biggrin.gif

cool. thanks. can i return the favor?
Dr Evil
I'll post a pic as soon as I can get under the car......hold on.
Ferg
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 31 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Actually, your drawing is wrong. The wire should come from the bottom of the bolt to the right or from the top to the left so it is always pulling the bolt on a clock wise, tightening position. Also, you do not need to wire all of the bolts together. You only need to wire them in pairs.

Still funny as hell!

Crap, well just look at with a mirror then. biggrin.gif

Ferg
Dr Evil
Here is a pic.
GeorgeRud
Dr. Evil, are you going for an ortho residency when you finish? That wiring job looks better than some of the orthopedic wiring I've seen people try.
Dr Evil
biggrin.gif Probably going ED as I want more free time with set hours. Ortho was my first choice originally.
Ctrout
I have posted this in the past but it's always worth revisiting.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Dr Evil
AWESOME! Thanks man.
Dr Evil
Just a heads up, for those of you with pending orders it is gonna be a few more days. I just got the bolts in and they are 40mm instead of 45mm so I can not use them. The last ones I got were labled 45mm but were 50mm which is fine. wacko.gif

Just wanted to let you all know.
Also, I am still taking orders idea.gif
scottb
icon_bump.gif

these bolts are very cool. scored a set from the good doctor a few weeks back. almost too pretty to put on the car and get all messy! the pic of the safety wire makes it easy to get it right.

buy these things and worry about one less thing going wrong on your car!

a bump for the doctor......

icon_bump.gif
Dr Evil
Thanks man, I decided to make this a permanent fixture for sale so I put an add in the resources section (link also in my signature).

happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.