Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what did you get done on your teener so far....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
today:
**pulled the rebuilt carbs. replaced the cold start mech that we pulled that made it run ungodly rich....

** drained the "gas-o-oil", the oil that got diluted from the super rich condition...

** played with spunone velocity stacks, CAD'd up a drawing for the base plates that i need to have made....

** fished out valve removal tool for brando.... so he can lap valves and whatnot....

** applied team narp sticker...

** getting ready for solid black window brow vinyl from zois...... (need a squeegee.....)

to be continued. tomorrow... she drives
Grimstead
I... uhhh... helpped you with the door panels

Oh wait, I also bought some rattle can paint to do the enigine bay (does that count confused24.gif ).

OKAY, I haven't done crap. Is that what you want to hear, is it? I hope you're happy now, I'm going to drink some beer and drown my depression.
jd74914
Well, I got my car running on Thursday.

Friday I drove it down the driveway . . . This is the first time its moved under its own power in 12 years. biggrin.gif

I also test fitted the door panels and sills to see if I made any mistakes with my patches on the sills (and to see if the door would close right).

Today I helped Chris on his shop move for the better part of the day.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to finish painting the insides so I can put the interior back in.
Chris Pincetich
Done: changed oil and filter

Half apart and will finish tomorrow: replace battery terminals (the ones that are rusty on the ends of the cables), install custom plastic battery tray bottom (replaces wood slats covering rust holes), fab metal strap for double protection battery hold-down. Warm air tunnels removed to acces oil filter and....

Considering for tomorrow: instal my recently puchased used SS heat exchangers! Maybe...PB blasted nuts and have all new gaskets ready. Little nervous on this one. Might just focus on battery and try to clean and grease driver door latch to get the friction down to finally finish hooking up my power door lock kit.

Ordered new speakers - on the way! Gazing into the anodized finish of my new spumone gauge rings....can't wait to tear into that soon too!! beerchug.gif
D1A3
Removed rear rubber bumper and backdated to earlier chrome style. Hope to get the Front one replaced Sunday!

Got to get the car ready for the Atlanta meeting at Andretti next Sunday!
grasshopper
umm..nothing.... haha..made fun of El Gringo a little...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 27 2006, 08:28 PM) *

ill step on you shorty.....

and midgets taste good in tacos. chowtime.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 27 2006, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 27 2006, 08:28 PM) *

ill step on you shorty.....

and midgets taste good in tacos. chowtime.gif

midgets huh?? I'll have to try one on a taco and see what they taste like. happy11.gif
brp914
successfully created huge mess. now all I have to do is blow $ and work my ass off. well, my back hurts now, so the latter part has begun.
turboman808
I didn't go crazy. Just a few things.

I made a bracket and mounted a rear view mirror.
Then I put black vinyl across the top of the windsheild since I don't have sun visors plus it kinda looks cool.
I replaced some sheet metal screws with nuts and bolts. Plus I replace several visible bolts with stainless steel allen bolts.
Then I added a quick release plug to the bottom of the catch can.
Finished covering my roll bars with leather.

Tried to take the seats out but dam I can't find the way to do it. HAHA

I think thats it.
pete-stevers
lets see....
got most of the electrical figured....
took apart my bent strut....only to find out that it was the other side....oops
put on my 914-6 door sills
got one hard line fabbed up for the oil lines
this week i will finish oil lines...
and eletrical....
and the following week.....well we will see
TonyAKAVW
So far...

* Painted inside and outside of center tunnel. Decided to use a brush instead of the gun in the interest of saving time. Its under the carpet anyway...

* Installed the proportioning valve

* Bent up and installed brand new solid brake lines for the rear

* Re-installed the E-brake cables

* Installed battery and hold-down

* Installed the clear plastic weathertight box for the replacement relay board

* Did some wiring stuff

If I can find a piece of rubber sheet I could have the radiator frame installed this weekend as well. Not sure where to find rubber sheet material aroudn here on a memorial day weekend though.

-Tony
BigDBass
Let's see a picture of the black vinyl on windshield!

(I didn't touch the 914 this weekend. But so far I've prepped and primed baby's room, and painted the closet and ceiling, trimmed bushes, pulled weeds, tilled garden, drank pitchers of margaritas with my mom, dad, brother, and wife outside on the patio of an excellent Mexican restaurant, then had a bonfire in my backyard with my wife, brother, and mom.)
KELTY360
Searched the site til I got the answer to grinding gears getting into 1st and reverse. Adjusted the clutch cable - works great now, just like it should.

Thanks to this site for all the great info.
cbenitah
I looked at my car for at least 10 min while I was waiting for my ride to work sad.gif
dinomium
I took a rough running car and turned it into a non running car!

*changed
Oil
Plugs
Wires
Cap
Rotor
fuel filter
re installed the Momo wheel

For Sunday

Condencer
Re do the driving lights
up grade the relays

messix
oel
filter
cap
rotor
plugs
wheel bearings and seals
ohmed out plug wires, all good
made air filter adapter for the little generator [not porsche but did it while doing all the other stuff]
GWN7
Bought more sawzall blades
JPB
I have recieved my new SS break line from Pelican Parts yesterday and haven't done a thing to the beast. Got a cold in 80F weather, it realy sucks.

yawn.gif Waaaa, boohooo.
Bleyseng
Hehe, drove the Boxster around with the top off in evening. Nice car but I prefer my 914 as the Boxster feels almost Japanese like. Did some street racing, tried not to hit the guys that walk down the middle of the street panhandling, passed slow cars like I was AXing, drifted a few corners and drove down a flooded street really fast showering that guy standing on the corner looking on in disblief.

It was a good day..... beer.gif

914 is too far away to work on.
bodyman
This weekend Im trying to change the A arm that was bent on my car when I got it, I have it un bolted, But have yet to get it dropped, Its my first front end drop, so Im taking it slow as to not break anything.
Michael
guiltless
Now that the semester is over, I actually did something.

** Removed Headlight Assy**
** Removed driver side seat**
** Removed all of the wiring**
** Removed the remainder of the hosees, cables and linkage**
** Removed all glass except the windshield**
** Removed the rockers (no rust, yay)**
** Removed both trunks and the engine lid**
** Hopefully will start my build thread tonight**

Now the car is ready for a rotisserie so I can get the suspension off.
Joe Ricard
Changed out passenger traling arm
which included welding in new studs to the hub
putting in new Poly bushings
grinding away like a pound of excess weld on the whole trailing arm
primed painted arm
installed aligned
checked fitment of slicks
All good to go

Then started playing around with braking components
got 19mm Mc and two late front calipers mocked up and tested
Looking to put them on the rear of the car.

I will get new front rotors ready for install later tonight.
blitZ
Lowered the rear about an inch or so, had some positive camber so a added a few shims to mak it a wee bit negative. Need to lower the front a tad. Rear stays put better in a hard turn.
balljoint
Filled the gas tank. mad.gif Well, less $$$ than filling up the truck at least. smile.gif And then I rotated the tires......at about 60 mph...a few times over the last two days. biggrin.gif

Woo

Hoo

driving.gif

piratenanner.gif
dinomium
all tuned up and ready to go meet Shane for a beer3.gif

YA! I was about to think I couldnt get any of these running!
Dr. Roger
if i wasn't going up to Bethel Island today I'd be fixing my starter. =-)

my other addiction is fast boats......
TROJANMAN
pulled first gear out

Aaron Cox
update...

car runs / drives / stops.

still tuning carbs....
having a facet pressure issue.... and my regulator is crap....

so it flies on WOT and pulls away fine.....

little bog. all is useless without rocksolid fuel prssure.....

close....
Allan
!. Reset M/C pin switch.
2. Check Brake fluid (Good).
3. Wash Car.
4. Drive car.
5. Check oil level (Good).
6. Park car in garage.

See...

Allan
I violated this rule

Aaron Cox
2/3 of my 904 gauge is working tongue.gif

got it up to 180.... by romping it around.....

10 bar pressure gauge is still being a beeyotch
dinomium
drunk.gif
Now that I am back from scaring the folks in Brownsville, I think I will hook up the driving lights and maybe the stereo...
Howard
Sat: Check oil, TP. Take long way (Mulholland) to Harbor freight to buy stupid star socket set for 911. Buy a bunch more shit I don't need. Take longer way back, stop at Do-It, pick up bag of topsoil mix. Reseed bad spots in back yard. Make Margaritas and watch F1 qualifying. Nice move, Schu!! blink.gif

Sun: EuroSunday with 8 gazillion $$ worth of cars. Didn't even bother taking pix of most of the Ferraris and C-GT's, they're just so common. One orange 914 there, but ???. Mulholland again to PCH and then to Camarillo Airport for brunch with the high rollers.

My life sucks smile.gif Tomorrow jsharp.gif

Pat Garvey
Trimmed shrubs. Planted plants. Found out me 911 batteries are dead - what else is new. Cleaned more oil up from underneath the fourteen. Soaked some headlight bezels in vinegar. You know, the regular stuff.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 28 2006, 05:04 PM) *

Trimmed shrubs. Planted plants. Found out me 911 batteries are dead - what else is new. Cleaned more oil up from underneath the fourteen. Soaked some headlight bezels in vinegar. You know, the regular stuff.

Jeez.....I meant "surrounds" not the F'ing bezels!
airsix
...And I bet you all thought I was dead.
Strike that.
...I bet you all forgot I was alive. bye1.gif

Well, a year and a half ago I was compelled to buy a 'sensible' daily driver for work. Shortly thereafter the 914 came down with EFItis. I parked it and didn't touch it until last week. So yesterday I diagnosed the EFI problem - dying battery was not pushing enough voltage to the hall sensors on the crank. There was enough juice to crank the motor but not run the EFI electronics. Battery was hosed, so I picked up another. Then it still wouldn't catch. confused24.gif Couldn't find anything mechanically wrong so started checking the electronics again. Found that somehow my tuning map had been corrupted in the ignition section. Timing between 800-2000rpm was retarded -53 degrees. Well that would explain some of the trouble. Reloaded a 'good' map from the laptop and it fired off on the first crank. Wahooo! Oops. No brakes. Filled & bled the brakes. Checked the tires, oil, brakes again... and then what's this? A fuel leak? These lines are only 4 years old! Replaced a bunch of lines. Ok, finally time to drive. Just a trip around the block (first drive in 18 months). Some of the neighborhood kids actually cheered as I came around the corner yelling "go go go, burnout, floor it". They'd seem me working on it earlier. Once around the corner and out of sight I got a little boost in second. Then I let off the pedal and it stayed on the floor. CRAP! I hit the brakes about the same time it came on full boost (13psi) @ 4,500rpm The fronts locked and it barely slowed down as the motor screamed along at 4k, turbo whining, front tires smoking... I shut it down with the key, stopped, pulled up the pedal, waited as the cloud of smoke rolled past and then fired it up and drove casually home. So much for 'cool'. Definitely have some work to do yet.

-Ben M. (not dead)
grasshopper
QUOTE(Howard @ May 28 2006, 04:54 PM) *

Sat: Check oil, TP. Take long way (Mulholland) to Harbor freight to buy stupid star socket set for 911. Buy a bunch more shit I don't need. Take longer way back, stop at Do-It, pick up bag of topsoil mix. Reseed bad spots in back yard. Make Margaritas and watch F1 qualifying. Nice move, Schu!! blink.gif

Sun: EuroSunday with 8 gazillion $$ worth of cars. Didn't even bother taking pix of most of the Ferraris and C-GT's, they're just so common. One orange 914 there, but ???. Mulholland again to PCH and then to Camarillo Airport for brunch with the high rollers.

My life sucks smile.gif Tomorrow jsharp.gif

well you dont have to rub it in alfred.gif
T H O M A S
4 hr of BSing with ron
put the rear trailingarms togeter
replaced the shiftbushing
installed T-fitting
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
J P Stein
Pulled off the rrear cover of the trans ans moved the shift fork about .03-.04 thou.
hope that cures my difficulties. Brit did most of the work while I kept up a steady patter of bullshit....seemed that was the least I could do laugh.gif
szuccaro
Washed and waxed it... then took my son for a ride!
dinomium
Good to hear from you Kenniwick man! I was about to start a petition with the locals to conduct some carbon locating test!
drunk.gif

QUOTE(airsix @ May 28 2006, 08:25 PM) *

...And I bet you all thought I was dead.
Strike that.
...I bet you all forgot I was alive. bye1.gif

Well, a year and a half ago I was compelled to buy a 'sensible' daily driver for work. Shortly thereafter the 914 came down with EFItis. I parked it and didn't touch it until last week. So yesterday I diagnosed the EFI problem - dying battery was not pushing enough voltage to the hall sensors on the crank. There was enough juice to crank the motor but not run the EFI electronics. Battery was hosed, so I picked up another. Then it still wouldn't catch. confused24.gif Couldn't find anything mechanically wrong so started checking the electronics again. Found that somehow my tuning map had been corrupted in the ignition section. Timing between 800-2000rpm was retarded -53 degrees. Well that would explain some of the trouble. Reloaded a 'good' map from the laptop and it fired off on the first crank. Wahooo! Oops. No brakes. Filled & bled the brakes. Checked the tires, oil, brakes again... and then what's this? A fuel leak? These lines are only 4 years old! Replaced a bunch of lines. Ok, finally time to drive. Just a trip around the block (first drive in 18 months). Some of the neighborhood kids actually cheered as I came around the corner yelling "go go go, burnout, floor it". They'd seem me working on it earlier. Once around the corner and out of sight I got a little boost in second. Then I let off the pedal and it stayed on the floor. CRAP! I hit the brakes about the same time it came on full boost (13psi) @ 4,500rpm The fronts locked and it barely slowed down as the motor screamed along at 4k, turbo whining, front tires smoking... I shut it down with the key, stopped, pulled up the pedal, waited as the cloud of smoke rolled past and then fired it up and drove casually home. So much for 'cool'. Definitely have some work to do yet.

-Ben M. (not dead)

Mueller
took 2 old stock /4 rear rotors and machined the "hats" and rotor section off to make 4-lug spacers of approx. .25" thick

dinomium
QUOTE(dinomium @ May 28 2006, 05:40 PM) *

drunk.gif
Now that I am back from scaring the folks in Brownsville, I think I will hook up the driving lights and maybe the stereo...

well the driving lites didnt go so well so the stereo will have to wait.
I did add a nice vintage 914club decal to the rear window...
T H O M A S
befor and after
Aaron Cox
nice werk
Aaron Cox
sold the six i got from dave sprinkle.....
(thanks skline for storing it)

IPB Image
IPB Image
Andyrew
Zip

Zero

Nada!!

GF wanted my time... and I had to prepair for a BBQ I held on mon...

Fun though!!
swood
QUOTE(one914racer @ May 28 2006, 08:54 PM) *

4 hr of BSing with ron
put the rear trailingarms togeter
replaced the shiftbushing
installed T-fitting
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Shoot Thomas, you are kicking some arse on that car. I can't wait to see it in action!!

If I'd a known it was 914 weekend I would've done something! Actually I tried to figure out how to take the last bits off the steering rack but gave up. I have the tool, but not the leverage to do it while on my back.

I also have all the front suspension pieces off to get sandblasted for paint.
Received my rear shocks, very purdy and Racer Chris's fuel lines, also very purdy.

beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.