Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where to buy 914 body kits and aftermarket hoods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kheebl
i have had my 1975 porsche 914 for a few years now, and thought it was ok looking, but tonight i was driving down the highway and i saw a 914 with a body kit and a sweet hood. the hood look like it had a scoop on it, but instead of sticking out of the hood it went into the hood and was recessed(sp), and also it looked like the car had like a wide body kit, or something because it had huge fenders that flared out real far. it was by far the nicest looking 914 i have ever seen, and now i have to do it to mine, i was browsing the internet and could not find anything like i described, or any aftermarket parts infact. please if you know where i could get something like this let me know i want to do it very badly to mine.

thanks,
Kyle
JPB
A.I.R. American International Racing has stuff. I'm not shure if your idea of modification is to make it look like another car all together like a Ferrari but this link is a good idea on the race thing. You can get better deals and newer concepts for parts if you look around but this link is a start.

beer.gif Enjoy.
kheebl
what is the link for that company? you forgot to post it up?

Kyle
lotus_65
if it was white, you saw bill.
it's a sheridan kit he customized for his radiator.
Click to view attachment
i'll let him tell ya all about it, or you can see it in the flesh june 11.
lotus_65
oh, by the way, welcome.png

where's the pics of your car?
JPB
Holly 914 with bull balls! A 914 looking conversion and soft as silk. Must have a water cooled heart for that hood detail. I don't think anyone even asks for a race unless they like to feel funnnnny.

wub.gif I see, I want, I spend, damn cool pics; may your camel's testricles be as dry as the desert sand of Bagslapmedad Mr. Lotus.

www.americaninternationalracing.com
lotus_65
QUOTE(JPB @ May 28 2006, 05:34 AM) *

Holly 914 with bull balls! A 914 looking conversion and soft as silk. Must have a water cooled heart for that hood detail. I don't think anyone even asks for a race unless they like to feel funnnnny.

wub.gif I see, I want, I spend, damn cool pics; may your camel's testricles be as dry as the desert sand of Bagslapmedad Mr. Lotus.

www.americaninternationalracing.com

i feel the same... i think biggrin.gif
it looks great in the pics, and perfect in person. he's a craftsman and it looks like what the boys in stuttgard would (should) have done imho. you might spend the rest of your days wishing for a ride. burnout.gif

how did ya miss him? search for "LS6 powered 914 in MSP" to find his intro, but buckle up first.
another pic here.
JPB
If I look any further, I may have to sell my car and tools and get into bracelet making or better yet, marcamay. I feel in awe and violated all at the same time.

beer3.gif Java chemical inballance doing its damage.
Jeroen
Here's Sheridan's website:
http://www.ultimate914.com/

JPB
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 28 2006, 09:45 AM) *

Here's Sheridan's website:
http://www.ultimate914.com/

Urge to spend out powering mental stability program!

beer.gif Time to numb the sences.
wbergtho
Here's what it looks like after a good wash.

Bill

PS: You can see the modifications I made to the Sheridan kit by looking at the aforementied website (ultimate914.com)and then studying my car. Notice the 996 turbo intakes, Cobra SVT driving light/brake duct bezals) and heightened/reshaped front radiator opening. Not to mention the GT 40 style hood for exhausting the radiator air and creating downforce up the ying yang.....
lotus_65
i think kheebl got scared of yer car, bill... 2 posts then complete silence!
kheebl
yes that is the car. i love it man, i wanna do that to mine now. how much would a setup like that run me?

here is my 75 914
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

and here is the vehicle i was driving next to you in Bill on Sat after i got off uni, my 97 f-150 sitting on 38's(aka my baby)
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Kyle
lotus_65
... if you have to ask... biggrin.gif
nice wheels, kyle
kheebl
thanks, i like the wheels also. i gotta polish them up again.

Kyle
Mueller
QUOTE(kheebl @ May 30 2006, 01:44 AM) *

yes that is the car. i love it man, i wanna do that to mine now. how much would a setup like that run me?

Kyle

basic price "starts" at a little less than $2000 jsut for the body panels...it is not a simple bolt on item, major cutting involved, then custom 'glass/body filler work and then a paint job, then you'll need $2000 in rims and tires to fill up the wheel wells....I also hope you'll install a motor with more than your current 80 hp or you'll never get up to highway speeds with the additional drag the body kit creates.

nice looking car you have, hope to see it stay that way.....
AZ914
Kheebl,

Your 75 looks like a really nice ride! It would be a shame to chop it for a body kit if you are just going for looks. Better off finding a beater to transform.

But, that is only my opinion!
Mueller
agree.gif
QUOTE(AZ914 @ May 30 2006, 03:22 PM) *

Kheebl,

Your 75 looks like a really nice ride! It would be a shame to chop it for a body kit if you are just going for looks. Better off finding a beater to transform.

But, that is only my opinion!

agree.gif or sell it and get a Honda, plenty of body kits for them blink.gif hide.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(AZ914 @ May 31 2006, 12:22 AM) *

agree.gif too
byndbad914
Getty Design supposedly has some great stuff - their carbon fiber decklids are supposedly incredible. Their fiberglass stuff is also supposed to be pretty nice with minimal fitting. AIR (mentioned previously) and GT Racing are other options, but get out your bondo.

I have a rear bumper from AIR that is a POS and will be giving up on and getting a Getty one to try them out down the road. I just got a GT Racing wing, and that will need some work to smooth out and such, but it was rather straight and will only need minimal work, so I would recommend them (but based on one purchase - I have heard others having real issues with their fenders and such). Of course not a single threadsert is in the same location one side to the other, so any concept of symmetry for my spill plate and wing mounting is out the window.

As for Sheridan, I would definitely recommend his stuff. It will also need fitting like all fiberglass (which you should know is okay - no two cars have identical body lines, let alone perfectly shaped body lines) but is the nicest, smoothest looking kit in my completely biased opinion biggrin.gif I have the same kit that Bill has - the standard width kit. The wide body is a whole other dimension... here is Roger's personal car
Click to view attachment

another wide body that I like
Click to view attachment

and my POS before heading to the chassis shop getting a tube frame (with the standard kit) - notice the rear bumper dips at the center and I have spent hours sanding/filling/sanding/swearing/swearing/apologizingtoneighborsforswearing/sanding/givingup. I have more body work to do, but final fitting and such will all be "last step before paint" processes.
Click to view attachment
BMXerror
What kind of powerplant you runnin' there Mr. Bill?
Mark D.
Jeroen
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ May 31 2006, 03:33 AM) *
notice the rear bumper dips at the center and I have spent hours sanding/filling/sanding/swearing/swearing/apologizingtoneighborsforswearing/sanding/givingup. I have more body work to do, but final fitting and such will all be "last step before paint" processes.

if the sagging of the center top is the only issue with the bumper, you could weld a llittle lip to the car where the center of the bumper can "rest" on
or glass in a aluminium L-profile along the width of the bumper (this will give it some extra strength so the center won't sag)

byndbad914
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 30 2006, 06:50 PM) *

if the sagging of the center top is the only issue with the bumper, you could weld a llittle lip to the car where the center of the bumper can "rest" on
or glass in a aluminium L-profile along the width of the bumper (this will give it some extra strength so the center won't sag)

Sorry, sagging is the wrong word - the bumper is really rigid - so adding in reinforcment would just lift the whole bumper. The issue is with how it was formed - if you extend that area enough to match that body line, from the side the bumper sits way back off of the car. To get the bodylines on the side to match the bumper, you have to sand that area back down. Catch-22. I would have to cut that section out completely then re-glass that section in to match the body line. I may do that... but what a PITA that bumper has been.
Jeroen
Sorry, sagging is the wrong word - the bumper is really rigid

got ya
and yeah, that sucks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.