Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can you change One A Arm at a time?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bodyman
Im in the process of fixing the bent a arm that was on my car when I bought it. I searched But did not come up with any threads, I was wondering if you have to drop the whole front end or if you can do one side at a time, Any pics, threads, or diagrams would help a bunch. I have a parts car to get the other a arm off of. whats the best way to approach this? also need a thread or post on removing the rear trailing arms the passenger side one on mine is bent as well.
Michael
914-8
You can do one side at a time, no problem.

Disconnect the ball joint from the strut, disconnect the swaybar (if you car has it), take the end cap off the front of the A-Arm, take the 2 bolts off the front bracket (13mm, I think), the one bolt off the rear bracket (16mm or so), and the A-arm can be pulled forward and off.
rhodyguy
disconnect the ball joint from the control arm, not the strut. the torsion bar adjuster must be removed also. spray all the fasteners down with penetrant before you start and give it some time to work.

k
bodyman
I am going to get started in the morning, Wish me luck...any Tips on the rear trailing arm removal?
So.Cal.914
Disconnect the shock. Trailing arm pivot, remove both nuts. (one on each side)

On the outside pivot this will unbolt, although it can be a real fucher. You might

want to use liquid wrench or your favorite and soak those bolts overnight.

You may also need heat, I use map gas. Remove them slowly you don't want to

break them off.
smoke.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.