Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Its Alive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jd74914
Finally, after 12 years my 914 moved under its own power today. I've had the car for three years but it was basically in storage until this January. At that point our garage was finished and I could start the real work. From January to present I fixed all of the rust on the car, rebuilt the engine, and redid a bunch of small brake/suspension things.

The engine went back in last weekend, and because of a body ground problem nothing worked. I'm a senior in high school, and my school has these thing called senior demonstrations where you are supposed to make a presentation on something you do outside of school. I got it running while it was on the trailer before we hauled it to the school. That night the throttle cable pulled out so all I could do was idle it, but it all turned out well.

Yesterday I fixed the cable but didn't try it because I didn't feel like driving in the dark after comming back from Chris's shop and another engagement I had

Today I finally drove it up and down the driveway and across the street into another neighbors driveway because its not registered but it moved.

Now I'm finishing the interior and moving onto body work.

Here are some pictures:

The car in the garage at the end of today
jd74914
Forgot the pic. blink.gif
jd74914
the finished garage
jd74914
The rebuilt engine
jd74914
Its going to green BTW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.