Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Giants stadium recap May 28th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Me, Donimic and Leo went to go do a bit of autox today with the Mclub. They both took pictures and said they would post them here.

Well one thing I took from the day is nothing beats having a good set of tires. And dominic had a nice set and did some real nice runs. The car looked real good. His brother also drove the car and seemed to get better and better thru the day.

I didn't get to see Leo run because he always seemed to be right behind me so I missed his runs.

I was really inconsistent and tried to see what I could make the car do. My best runs were when I just played it cool and babied the throttle. But I continued to experiment and alot of cones suffered because of it. My biggest revelation came when I relized I am just to gentle with the brake pedal. Once I relaized I can beat the tar out of it I seemed to improve. The rear also liked to step out alot so I am gonna stiffen the front sway bar a bit before the next event. ALso I think I can lower my pressure a bit and should improve my contact.

Took a few pictures but like alwys they suck. The others seemed to take some real good pictures though.

turboman808
few more
turboman808
and got to take a shot of the new toy biggrin.gif
Leo Imperial
Good times were had today. Weather was great. Here are some pics in no particular order.
Leo Imperial
AND
Leo Imperial
FINI
Dominic L
Wow, you guys are too quick with the pics! I'll be posting the pics of your cars later but they came out a bit fuzzy. I gotta experiment with the settings for the action shots. Too bad i didn't have my camera while working. My brother had the inside front wheel up in the air going through the right hand turn out by station F. Car was sticking like glue on those R compounds. piratenanner.gif Thanks for the pics and hope to see you guys out for some more Sunday driving! driving.gif Oh, Leo, i hope all went well with your brothers car. Talk to you guys soon.
Leo Imperial
Dominic,
You were lifting also. I kept trying to get a shot, but my camera has a delay when taking shots. It was fun watching you drive. Thanks for the trophie. smilie_pokal.gif
Dominic L
One!

Click to view attachment
Dominic L
two!

Dominic L
three!

Click to view attachment
Dominic L
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 29 2006, 03:50 AM) *

Dominic,
You were lifting also. I kept trying to get a shot, but my camera has a delay when taking shots. It was fun watching you drive. Thanks for the trophie. smilie_pokal.gif

Actually the thanks goes to my brother. He's the one who knew of your dilema! I just did the writing. biggrin.gif

Next Sunday, June 4th. http://www.motorsportsne.com
New location. I'm there! Maybe my brother too. Hope you guy's can make it.
turboman808
Results are up

FTD was made by a 914 but definetly not one of us.

40.359 NN 777 Feldheim, Richard clap56.gif

I think the guy in the red 944 went home early because he couldn't beat the blue 914 or the TVR. biggrin.gif

I pulled off a magical 0:46.290 Seems ya got to be smooth just like they say but I still wanted to try brute force.

Lookes like vincent was getting real close to you Dominic. Few more times and you guys will have your own personal battle. But that's how I raced for years was with a 2 man car. I think it's more fun like that.
Joe Bob
What is the white car? An MG or something English?
blitZ
QUOTE(zekim @ May 29 2006, 11:51 AM) *

Close, it's a TVR, I believe.
Dominic L
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 29 2006, 07:29 AM) *

Lookes like vincent was getting real close to you Dominic. Few more times and you guys will have your own personal battle. But that's how I raced for years was with a 2 man car. I think it's more fun like that.

Yes, I think it'll help both of us drive a little harder.

Oh and way to smooth things out Nathan. You had a couple of nice runs! Now go get some r compounds and kick some butt in unlimited class. thumb3d.gif

Dominic L
QUOTE(blitZ @ May 29 2006, 08:46 AM) *

QUOTE(zekim @ May 29 2006, 11:51 AM) *

Close, it's a TVR, I believe.

Yes, TVR with a 289 Ford engine, fat slicks and lumpy cam!! Car is a rocket.
turboman808
Here is a shot of the TVR about 6 weeks ago when a cone finaly fought back.
Leo Imperial
Thanks for posting the pics beer.gif
Evill Ed
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 28 2006, 07:07 PM) *

and got to take a shot of the new toy biggrin.gif

Hey, you bought Dave Cafro's 914? clap56.gif

I have seen that car progress over the years and finally drove it last September at the East Coast Ramble. It is nicely equiped and FAST.. Good Luck and enjoy it.

I'll look for you at the Meadowlands autocrosses this summer when I finish my 911.

Ed
turboman808
QUOTE(Evill Ed @ May 29 2006, 02:43 PM) *

It is nicely equiped and FAST..

Not with me driving mad.gif
i love porsche
i keep missing all these auto crosses, im planning to go to the next nnjr pca one, life is just too busy, this weekend i was in minnesota for an SAE competition...too much stuff to do
drewvw

Nice pics, that TVR rocks. Those early ones with the small rear taillights are just awesome cars. And very rare....saw a maroon one last year at a show, so nice...
Dominic L
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 29 2006, 03:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Evill Ed @ May 29 2006, 02:43 PM) *

It is nicely equiped and FAST..

Not with me driving mad.gif

R compounds biggrin.gif They hide a lot of miscues! Ask me how i know!
Leo Imperial
I think I'm headed in that direction agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.