Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have a probleml...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
I've just gone a little too far in the last week with working on my car. Here are some pics of my latest project.

alpha434
Now wait. You may not thing anything is wrong with that picture. Let me zoom out a little.
alpha434
And here's a picture from my kitchen. av-943.gif
grasshopper
no, nothing wrong with that...its when you move the tv to the corner and move the engine to the middle of the room that you know you have a problem!
olav
yah, I see those plants are taking over your apartment.

How do you keep them so green?
McMark
Near as I can tell you've gone too far because you fashioned the impeller housing out of titanium. tongue.gif No that will never die. poke.gif

Why'd you tear it down?
Joe Bob
Taking lessons in photography from Andy and apartment fashion from the Harley crowd....good grouping....impresses chicks too.
alpha434
I sorta have a green thumb. I've got so many house plants that I can hardly walk in my bathroom.

I didn't make anything on this engine out of titanium. It hasn't been apart yet to get the Ti pieces yet.

The real problem here, folks, is that this is my LIVING ROOM!!! In a 1 bedroom apartment.
Andyrew
QUOTE(olav @ May 28 2006, 08:16 PM) *

yah, I see those plants are taking over your apartment.

How do you keep them so green?

He's quite a 'happy' man. biggrin.gif

Alph, You just started!!! Make sure to paint everything before it goes back in! (including the engine bay) You'll thank yourself.
alpha434
Whatdya mean "goes back in?"

My teener is still driving. This is going to be "prototypen mittlemoter dri."

Titanium and fiberglass and billet T-6 aluminiminum, horizontal fan, I'm letting my NHRA guy just HAVE these heads to fiddle with endlessly. I've got plans.

So. It's the 1.7L now. The new cylinders will be bored and siamesed to 2.0. The heads and the cylinders will be one piece. And if I can find the right ceramic coatings that work properly, I'm doing that too. The block is getting restudded and bearing races are going to be reinforced ala racing chevy style. And if anything goes wrong, I've got engine four in the bedroom. And I'm working my way up to this 911t engine that I pulled out of my targa the other day. Pics to come on that one, too.
JPB
Right now you are still in controle and doing very well. If you send us a pick of your engine mounted on a test stand with the exhaust piped out that window with the engine running; we will send the club over for an intervention. Take small steps bro, and hang in there.

beer.gif Have some brain killer on me.
davep
The problem is only when there is not enough room left on the bed for you. Until then, no probs man!
alpha434
I already gave up my bed for space for three trannies and another engine in the bedroom. And you should see what I did to my cherry 911 targa for 914 parts. I sleep on the floor, curled up around my QA1 shocks and I use some racing harnesses and airplane seatbelts as a pillow.
So.Cal.914
Next you'll start nameing the parts and then comes the arguments that the parts

will win. They'll eat you out of house and home, want to borrow the car, some

money, your tools. If you don't stop it now there will be no escape, it may be

to late already. sad.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(JPB @ May 29 2006, 04:45 PM) *

If you send us a pick of your engine mounted on a test stand with the exhaust piped out that window with the engine running; we will send the club over for an intervention.

laugh.gif kinda like in Cheech and Chongs "Next Movie" with the motorcycle in the dining room and exhaust out the window smoke.gif

Rusty
QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 29 2006, 06:10 AM) *

no, nothing wrong with that...its when you move the tv to the corner and move the engine to the middle of the room that you know you have a problem!

I used to get static when Pam would visit and open the cupboard looking for a glass... only to find gauges and gasket sets stacked up. biggrin.gif

Oh, and stub axles and wheel bearings stored in the freezer... The only cleaners in the house was Simple Green and brake fluid... I tried to explain that Simple Green cleans toilets and tubs just fine. blink.gif

Spare calipers stacked in the linen closet...

the list goes on. piratenanner.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
mike_the_man
QUOTE(alpha434 @ May 29 2006, 11:00 PM) *

I already gave up my bed for space for three trannies

Way too easy on that one! Giving up your bed space to three trannies is a whole other problem! av-943.gif
davep
Well, other than my wife insists I sleep with her, in a bed, he sounds rather like me. Fully addicted. Hey, no problem there, thats normal right?
tat2dphreak
I rebuilt my carbs in front of the TV.... until the fumes got too bad, and I moved to the patio...
alpha434
Hey. If I could fit a lathe and a bridgeport in that livingroom, I would be making parts for it. I've already done the carb rebuild thing. I've also rebuilt a kkk turbo right in the middle of the livingroom. That was a huge mess. There's still a huge brown spot in the middle of the carpet.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(alpha434 @ May 30 2006, 08:57 AM) *

.......that was a huge mess. There's still a huge brown spot in the middle of the carpet.

do you have an engine blocking the toilet, too? av-943.gif
ClayPerrine
Huge brown spot in the middle of the carpet.... 3 trannys in the bed...

You could make fortune with a webcam... av-943.gif
alpha434
Here's my bedroom, jackass.
alpha434
And my beautiful Peugeot in the corner. Mint condition!
TROJANMAN
be careful. the last time you posted pics from your house, someone wanted to date your sister. chairfall.gif
Aaron Cox
you seriously need a storage space
TROJANMAN
chris,
you need a small couch? i was going to put it in my rental, but it's yours if you want it..........
lmk
alpha434
No. I didn't exactly picture the center of my living room. It's actually much larger. There's a $800 love sac sitting there. "The Big One" in black microfiber. For a ll my sitting needs.

But thanks for offering, Trojanman.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.