Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nick mironov
I have stock 75 steering wheel that I picked up and want to use in place of my small diameter steering wheel for around-town driving.

The horn "bow-tie" is very loose in its mounting - just flops from side to side. There also does not seem to be a means to make the horn circuit work - the bow-tie is not insulated from the mounting.

What's missing from this steering wheel?
Hammy
Missing the horn rubber boot thing. That's why your horn pad flops around... and if I remember correctly there should be an electrical wire that connects the two.
newto914s
901-347-823 to be exact.
SLITS
Click to view attachment

Simple photoslop of parts..........
LowGT
Oh man, I just had my wheel of today to replace horn parts. I could have taken a bunch of pics for you. sad.gif

But as mentioned above, there is a contact plate on the underside of the wheel. There is a wire from that contact plate that goes through the wheel and connects to the spade on the back of the bowtie horn button thing. The floppiness is due to missing the rubber "spring" that fits into the bowtie.
nick mironov
It looks like I am missing 2 parts - the "rubber spring/sleeve" - right arrow, and the "contact finger" - left arrow.

Anybody know where to get them?
Hammy
Pelican parts should have them. Well that's where I got my rubber horn boot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.