Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More 911 Front End Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
germaneighter
I'm converting to SC front Bilstien struts. I assumed I had a matched set but apparently not. One had a 3/8" thick spacer under the upper mount. The other did not. A local guy said I could leave the spacers out. Anyone had any experience with this?

Also, neither strut had the rubber 3-bulge bumper under the dust cover as shown in the service manuals. Are these required? (The ones on my original 914 struts had been cut down by approx 1/3)

Thanks
dave
davep
I believe the spacer issue was covered recently; the shock protruded too far through the mount and may hit the lid without the spacer.

The rubber protects against bottoming out the stock. It is not likely you need that much travel, so the rubbers are a good idea.
SLITS
Not sure about Bilsteins, but the Konis also have a plastic spacer between the rubber bump stop and the insert. Supposedly to make sure trapped air is expelled under compression?

Oh well.......

There should be numbers on your struts...911 xxx xx xx or something like that.
brp914
the bilsteins are "upside down" - the rubber bumper is inside the strut housing.

Eric_Shea
The spacer was for DOT ride height requirements. They can be removed however... as mentioned, it seems the rod then is a bit long in a teener.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.