Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video Camera Mount?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Rough_Rider
Just got given a nice video camera, looking for a roll bar mount for it.

What do you recommend? Pictures??
race914
I'm using the IO Port racing camera mount and it works great

IPB Image

P.S. you have impeccable taste in your car color! beerchug.gif
jdogg
99.99 and free shipping! http://www.discoveryparts.com/cgi-bin/stor...product=cameras
jhadler
The big thing to keep in mind is that most new camcorders have plastic bodies. This means that while the base of the camera is solidly mounted to the roll bar (or harness bar), the body of the camera itself can flex considerably. Additional straps or restraints for the camera body will make a huge difference to the quality of the footage you get. Especially in a car with poly bushings and mounts. BTDT.

Also, you may find that the cameras wide angle lens is not wide enough. I purchased a wide angle attachment for something like $50 and I was able to see both fender corners and beyond. Nice.

As for mounts? I used the I/O port mount, and liked it.

-Josh2
Joe Ricard
I have a different problem.... EMI
my only attempt to do an incar vid was wrecked by ignition noise.
My engineer buddy says I can try wrapping the camera in aluminum foil and then ground the wrap to the bar.

ConeDodger
The consensus seems to be the I/O Port mount. Does it mount to a harness bar or just the roll bar equipped cars?
Joe Ricard
The ad says different sizes for different applications.
jhadler
I'd actually avoid grounding it. If it's really EMI/RFI then you want it in a faraday cage (foil), to block out all RF. I'd say, keep it floating, but wrapped, if it's really an RFI/EMI problem.

-Josh2
VegasRacer
IO Port worked well for me.

Two tips:
Do set and lock the focus.
Do not use the image stabilizing function on the camera.
nbscooters
Ive used the IO Port in a friends car at WSIR with my Sony FX1 camera and it worked perfect. If the camera is small and compact, you shouldnt have a problem with the focus.
Trekkor
After having used the suction cup mount and now the I/O Port, I/O get's the nod.

Much better picture and it WILL NOT fall off ( like the suction cup mount has so many times before ).

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.