Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission motor mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vincesix
I need new trans mounts and have no idea if the stock ones work well with the horsepower of a 200 +hp 2.4 and track suspension. what do you guys use and show some pictures.
turboman808
I asked around a bit. Seems everyone likes the wevo in the 911s. Not to many people using them around here I take it. But I should have them soon and I can let you know how they work. Supposed to be real solid but without vibrating the car.

I heard the solid mounts are just miserable to live with on a street driven car.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...c=52326&hl=wevo
J P Stein
IMO, 914/6 mounts.
Unfortunately, they are expensive from the only place I could find them.....AA.
Figures.
Britain Smith
Get the WEVO 914 Tranny Mounts. They are made specifically for the 914 application instead of having to modify sport mounts to fit.

-Britain
Britain Smith
Here is the best picture I can find of them right now...this is from the German Autofest, it is the silver one on the bottom.

-Britain

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
weltmeister solids.

they are a hockey puck material. still give...

and the price is hard to beat. 50/PAIR.

im all for the wevo's if you have cash burning a hole in your pocket.......

911 sport mounts also work in 914 tranny applications
airsix
I've used stock, solid, and 911 sports. Go with 911 sports. They don't have to be modified, by the way. They're a little snug but they fit. The solids made for great shifting but they turn the whole tub into a sounding board - lots of gear noise in the car. Sports are a compromise - don't shift as well as solids, but not as noisy. Stock are no good - too flexy even for a stocker.

-Ben M.
McMark
I'm in the WEVO camp as well. Really really nice product. The 911 sport mounts have to be modified slightly or forced into position. They can be forced to fit, but a minute with a grinder makes them go in much smoother. The 911 Sport mounting holes don't exactly line up and you have to either elongate the holes or force them into alignment. Some cars are harder to fit them in than others. The WEVO mounts are already oval so that they bolt up cleanly and without preload on any chassis and tranny. It can be slightly different from car to car and tranny to tranny, so this adjustability makes a difference in my opinion.
McMark
More WEVO info from their web site:

The SS Engine Mount comprises of 5 components. The design of the components ensures that at rest, or idle, the engine is firmly located, but free to vibrate against the elastomeric pillows isolating the engine mount inner and outer components. When the engine reacts to torque, the components deflect slightly and the spring rate of the isolators is progressively increased, improving the location of the engine and transmission under more stressful conditions. The design is such that metal to metal contact is always avoided, so potentially harmful misalignment forces and vibrations are managed in a manner more similar to the original factory rubber mounts.

$80 each is expensive, but EVERYTHING WEVO produces has a purpose and is extensively thought out, researched, and tested. You are paying for quality.
GeorgeRud
I was in the same boat looking for some new mounts when I converted to a 915 transmission. I went with the WEVO mounts, and the shifting is great with a Vellios conversion kit. I think the mounts are partially to thank. If you can swing it, it's by far the nicest alternative.
Mueller
another plus is that the WEVO mounts are lighter than the stock or 911 sport mounts smile.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.