Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bunch or semi random questions(914 related)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DerekKim
Hello everyone. So I have had some questions on several thigns buzzing around my head so i figured what better time than now and in one post. So first off. The guy I bought it from gave me a load of things so I can work on it for a while. I'll start with the easy stuff. My sound deadening pad is all grody and falling back which is a pain when trying to get to the dipstick. He gave me a new one but I have a few questions. One what is a good adhesive remover to get rid of the old junk and two what is a good spray adhesive to stick it back on. Next question. I also got a set of Camp914's rear trunk shocks kit and it is a pain trying to get the top in and out while holding the lid open with my head. The instruction i got are quite blurry. Is there somewhere that I can get some clearer instructions? Next question. I'm not sure if I'm exactly putting my targa into the right position. Could I get a pic(s) of proper installation of targa top. Two more questions. My plastic clip broke on the passenger side door handle. I have a new one but am clueless on how to get the handle off. Does this require removal of doorcard on the inside? Last question. The key only works in the ignition. A buddy of mine told me that I can reset the tumblers on all of the locks? Is this possible or do I need to remove the lock on one and go take it to a smith to get a key made? Again if anything sounds awkward ask me to clarify and I will try to the best of my ability.

Derek
Allan
I don't have all of the answers but as far as the sound pad, lose it. It's a sponge and contributes to rust.

The locks can be re-keyed. Do a search for Scott Thacker (sp?).
DerekKim
It has that foam junk in it right now. The one replacing it is quite swell. Thias is what it looks like. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...itemZ8070237972. Looks like it won't be as bad as the factory stuff. And thanks I'll look him up.
Allan
The big concern is that anything you put there, If it's not completely water tight will allow moisture between it and the firewall. I completely removed mine and repainted the firewall.

It would be better to use a sound deadener on the inside.
DerekKim
How loud is it after removing it?
Allan
I didn't notice a real big difference. If you think it's too loud you can always install some dynamat or fatmat on the inside of the firewall.
Joe Bob
Turn up the stereo....roll down the windows.....
So.Cal.914
Yes You can have your locks re- keyed, I believe there was a thread on here that

addressed this, you can do it yourself.

The door release is held on with two nuts one is on the inside of the door.

There is not much room behind the backpad for dynamat. I did see something on

here about a new generation sound pad, I believe they said it was waterproof

and the edges were bound. Looked good.

smoke.gif
Dave_Darling
There's an article on the Pelican Parts site (check under 914, tech articles section) about removing and replacing the outer door handles.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.