Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New baby and the wife says it a POS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Finally got my mew 914 today. Here are some pics. Planning on hardcore suspension and minimalist interior and eventually a 6.
hwgunner
Here is another shot.
terrymason
Looks like a great project! I could however see where that would not be a wife friendly car, at least not in it's current condition.
hwgunner
sdf
hwgunner
Came with a GT grill and a set of real 7 and 8 Fuchs in decent shape. Have most of the suspension parts from Tarett and Elephant already and have the rear 5 lug conversion. Just need to powdercoat everything and install.
grasshopper
put some green spray paint on it, and go get a whole bunch of flowers and put in it, and see what she says. Looks like a good starting point. I'll take that GT lid off you hands for free if you dont like it..hehe
So.Cal.914
You have to listen to your baby, but I never listen to my wife. Looks like a good start.
JPB
Looks like a good tub and just what I might be looking for for the #2 beast. I understand how your wife dosen't feel it is a good find because she probably would like a shinny new car and dosen't have your vision. As you can tell, there aren't many 914 chics with 914s on jack stands. If they weren't Woe-man they would be Bless-man.

headbang.gif Thousands of years of head banging and many more to go.
Jeroen
looks like a very nice tub!
keep us posted on your progress
Gint
Looks like a decent start. Careful... it's a long slippery slope.
North Bay 914
Was this Ian's car?
Joe Bob
Get used to the abuse....it never ends.
effutuo101
Good Luck! find a pic of a car you like and print it. It will help you keep focus on what your goal is. welder.gif
DNHunt
If those are steel flairs the wife is probably feeling jealous. Wives have a tough time understanding. Flowers and compliments go along way
hwgunner
QUOTE(Gint @ May 29 2006, 06:26 PM) *

Looks like a decent start. Careful... it's a long slippery slope.

Yes it was Ians car. Any background on it would be appreciated. Was going to buy it when Ian had it for sale but something came up. Saw it here and figured I better get it while I can. Only rust I have found is surface with no holes. Couple of oddball holes in funny places though. Going to strip the suspension off and the rest of the tid-bits and get parts of it media blasted to clean up the surface rust then black or green primer and put her back together.
So.Cal.914
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 29 2006, 08:08 PM) *

Good Luck! find a pic of a car you like and print it. It will help you keep focus on what your goal is. welder.gif

If you haven't picked one already, here's the one I use.
dflesburg
she is a boat anchor, dump her in the lake, then start working on that 914... LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.