Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - How I spent memorial day weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

Memorial day wiffleball game gone wrong. My buddy ran full speed into a fence and "broke his knee" as the doctors say. Freak accident from hell, how this happened I'm still trying to put together.

Poor guy is getting married in 5 weeks too. So how was your memorial day?? unsure.gif
Allan
QUOTE(drewvw @ May 29 2006, 04:35 PM) *

Poor guy is getting married in 5 weeks too.

Talk about adding insult to injury...
drewvw

just went over there to see how he was doing. He's okay right now due to being all doped up, but I feel so bad....he needs to get surgery....his fiancee is not pleased
SirAndy
QUOTE(drewvw @ May 29 2006, 04:35 PM) *

So how was your memorial day?? unsure.gif
hard manual labor, no sleep, lots of dust and grease ...

smile.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
i broke my knee also.....

not fun. tell him not to freak when he wakes up and cannot move his knee (immobilized)
drewvw

you did huh...whats the next couple months look like for him?
DNHunt
his fiancee is not pleased

I hate to say it but sympathy is the right emotion here. The fiancee needs to take look at priorities.

Dave
drewvw

I agree and she was concered first and foremost at the hosptial....

but as my wife pointed out, the only thing she can think about right now is how this is going to change their wedding day. He won't be able to walk down the aisle, dance, etc. The guy just can't seem to catch a break recently...

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(drewvw @ May 29 2006, 08:25 PM) *

you did huh...whats the next couple months look like for him?

i broke my knee cap, and tore patella-femoral ligament.... (and lots of cartilige damage)

its not that bad. 8 weeks in an immbilizer (all the time) and crutches for at least the first 4-6 weeks of that....

try driving stick with a broken knee LOL ( i tried LOL)

anyway... as long as the docs do the surg all good, it will be about 90-95 percent as good as it was....

4 years later and im fine. when it gets wicked cold my knee gets stiff...

not bad.

feel free to contact me if you need to know more
AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.