Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie looking for advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bryho
I am looking for a little advice.
I used to own a 914 many years ago and ever since I sold it I have had dreams of owning one again. Especially a 6xr.

A lot of things have gone on over the years to where it was never a good time to get one but then finally I decided I just have to have one again.
Anyways I have been searching off and on for the last few months and then just the other day came across this site and have been lurking around...
You all seem like a great bunch of people with alot of good info and I was wondering if any of you know this car and what are your thoughts on how much something like this would go for? If you know the car what is your opinion of it too.

It is a 914-6 2.4 conversion.

http://www.pbase.com/drodey1/914-6&page=all

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=283450

Many thanks in advance.

Trekkor
welcome...Come right in!

KT
Trekkor
Nice looking car.

I'd think $15k plus, easy...

KT
ClayPerrine
Welcome!!!

If you want some advise, or just want to see a similar 914-6 conversion, just drop me a note. I am in Hurst, and I work in Addison. After messing with 914s for 20 years, I think I know a thing or two about them... biggrin.gif

I also know most of the locals too.

The car you are looking at looks good. But considering its not local to the DFW area, maybe one of our members IS local and would be willing to do a PPI on it for you....

Anyone.. Bueller ... Buelller....?
drgchapman
I'd think $15k plus, easy...

Having just built a /6 conversion with a 3.2 and 915WEVO conversion, rust free tub, 911 running gear, yada yada........Still need to put the flares on.

More in the $20+K range. Verify the rust free part very carefully. Rust free is truly worth plenty.

Nice car. I like it.

Those flares alone, done right are worth ~$2500-$3500. ($1000-$1800 for the flares themselves) Then paint it. The wheels are worth ~$1600 rears, and $800 fronts if they are nice.

Have it looked at by some one who know what to look for.

Then, if it is right, you'll have a big grin on your face every time you get in and start it up. biggrin.gif

grasshopper
looks like an amazing car!
jd74914
QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 29 2006, 11:16 PM) *

looks like an amazing car!

agree.gif Very Nice looking. smile.gif
Bryho
Thanks for the advice guys.
I really like the car alot from what I have seen in the pics and have have exchanged a few emails with the seller.
I will see exactly where the car is located and see if anyone out there wouldn't mind doing a once over on it for me.

Thanks smile.gif
drewvw

there's something about an orange six....one of my favorites. I like those bars he welded in to support the rear towers too.
jgara962
welcome.png
krazykonrad
I've seen the car in person before around town. Its a really sweet ride. I dont know the owner or its internal condition, but I'd definetly check it out!
Konrad
Bryho
That would be great!
I will shoot you an email with some details, his phone number etc...

By the way he says an Albert Broadfoot just rebuilt the engine, still needs to be broken in.
http://www.broadfootracing.com/
Anybody know of him? Is he good?

He also says there is no additional/external oil cooler.
Is that a bad thing for 6xr?

Thanks again for all the welcomes and advice everyone.
Leo Imperial
Sweet ride. welcome.png

2.4 conversion is where I have been leaning with my ride.
The external oil cooler debate has come up a few times in the recent past.
For a driver it seems you would not need it. If you plan on running the car on the track you probably will need it. As I said I am hoping to be able to fun a 2.4 conversion soon so I am passing along what I have read here not my experience.
I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.