Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haltech and fuel questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
OK first I downloaded there software that is called HalwinX. It seems to work with the computer E6K. I don't know for sure but it would be nice to know before I screw it up. Gonna stick with the dos version for now I guess.

When the car is running the gauge on the fuel pump jumps all over the place. Supposed to be 40psi. Is that normal? Gauge on the honda doesn't do that. But if that's how it is I guess thats how it is. Or is it s sign that the pump may be going?

I am also thinking of wiring the oil cooling fans to the haltech. At what temperature should I have the cooling fans turn on? Right now they are just a on/off switch on the dash. Out of pure laziness I may just leave the switch in place and run a relay.

OK all for now smile.gif
Mueller
switching to a liquid filled gauge might help with the jumping around of the needle, could just be the location or how it's mounted...what kind of FI is on the 914 right now?

turboman808
It's running mustang fuel injectors. 40 lbs thru the fuel system. haltech running the show.
Aaron Cox
ideally you want your oil to reach 220 ish..... hot enough to get all the moisture out......

most oil thermostats open at 180 degrees...... so i would say somewhere between 180-220..... smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.