Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "free" wheel spacers? recycle those old brake rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I needed about a 1/4" wheel spacer for the rear and low and behold, I remember someone mentioning making them from used rear rotors..well, I chucked one up (used a 4-lug lug rear hub to hold it to the lathe) and now I have 2 .270" spacers for free....

Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
smart!!
Dr. Roger
Hey, those look farmiliar! =-)

BTW i got a cute one of the Mueller twins next to their favorite type of Porsche. =-)
Brett W
I mentioned it a few years ago. in fact someone here bought a set of four I made back in the day.
davep
Heavy, but cheap unless you have to buy the tools. That is using the old noggin.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Is that baby carriage on jack stands? huh.gif
URY914
I have a few of those a guy gave me a few years ago. They are heavy but 30 minutes at the drill press fixed that for me.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 30 2006, 12:49 PM) *

I have a few of those a guy gave me a few years ago. They are heavy but 30 minutes at the drill press fixed that for me.

Is there anything you won't drill holes into??? confused24.gif chairfall.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Can you say "unsprung weight"? The Cap'n
Mueller
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 30 2006, 11:46 AM) *

Can you say "unsprung weight"? The Cap'n

not a big deal.....I'm already "heavy" due to the 17" rim/tire combo plus the addition of the extra parts for the "V-caliper" rear vented rotor kit and longer wheel studs...it all adds up...I'm not building a race car or competitive auto-x'r....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.