Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: do boxster and 944 turbo calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
friend posed the question, and i couldnt answer....

i believe i read boxsters fit... but not sure.
echocanyons
I tried to fit steelies over the boxster monoblocks and they rubbed.

Jeroen
boxster calipers will fit in a 15" fuchs
not 100% sure bout the 951 calipers though
Gary
951's need 16's - at least up front.
horizontally-opposed
Been meaning to try my 15-inch "deep sixes" over the front brakes on our Boxster. I hear the 15x6s and 15x7s will fit, but I'd like to see for myself -- and I'd suspect the backside of the "deep six" will interfere.

Anybody tried this? And, is it really worth it? Are the calipers lighter, is the 11.73-inch front rotor worth it with up to a ?-liter motor?

pete
Aaron Cox
ive seen cookie cutters over boxsters before.....
Mueller
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 30 2006, 09:23 AM) *

Been meaning to try my 15-inch "deep sixes" over the front brakes on our Boxster. I hear the 15x6s and 15x7s will fit, but I'd like to see for myself -- and I'd suspect the backside of the "deep six" will interfere.

Anybody tried this? And, is it really worth it? Are the calipers lighter, is the 11.73-inch front rotor worth it with up to a ?-liter motor?

pete

Pete,

for the 914/911 conversion, the rotor remains @ 11" diameter, you do however get the benifit of a lighter caliper and more pad area
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 30 2006, 10:03 AM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 30 2006, 09:23 AM) *

pete

Pete,

for the 914/911 conversion, the rotor remains @ 11" diameter, you do however get the benifit of a lighter caliper and more pad area

stock is 11"?
Mueller
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 30 2006, 10:06 AM) *

stock is 11"?

yep, the stock /4 stuff is 11"...for the 911's, I think all the way up to '89 the front rotors are 11.10" diameter for the front (rear 911 rotors are 11.41" )
Jeroen
for the Boxster or the 951 calipers, you need to use the Carrera 3.2 rotors
which are 282.5x24mm

check http://www.pelicanparts.com/MotorCity/wmv/brakes.htm for more brake info
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 30 2006, 06:36 PM) *

which are 282.5x24mm

but 15" wheels will clear....?
Mueller
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 30 2006, 08:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 30 2006, 06:36 PM) *

which are 282.5x24mm

but 15" wheels will clear....?

282.5mm = 11.12", the caliper does not have to be further away from the spindle axis for rotor clearance

930 turbo calipers fit under 15" rims.....
Aaron Cox
awesome....

and i guessthe adapter could have some offset in it, to put it closer to the center...
echocanyons
I think but I can't remember for sure but I think that you will have to use SC rotors with the boxster monoblocks or the pads won't fit with the calipers.

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(echocanyons @ May 30 2006, 09:18 PM) *

....... you will have to use SC rotors with the boxster monoblocks or the pads wont for with the calipers.

clarify please?
echocanyons
You would think I would know how to spell.

I meant to write won't fit. I initially purchased the carrera rotors for my conversion and I couldn't get the pads to fit over the rotors. After searching a bit and getting some feedback it seems the carrera rotors are about 2-4mm too thick.
I think this is the difference between the SC and the carerra rotors
I will find out for sure in a minute.
echocanyons
link

John Jentz had the answer, now I am not sure if I only used the SC on the rears or all the way around.
echocanyons
Definitely SC rotors all the way around
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.