Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
I am not there to help him, but want to try and point him in the right direction.
I will link this thread to him and see if he can chime in

My mom called me this morning freaking out because there was gas all over the gargage floor. Bummer too, because they were planning to drive the car to big bear this weekend.

A few questions:
Are the only places the gas can leak from, a fuel line and the tank?

He has been daily driving the car and had no signs of leaks. previously to that, the car sat in the PO's garage for a few months. But prior to that, the PO was driving it daily 200 miles.
Did something maybe just go dry?

Where is the best place for him to get replacement fuel lines in so cal? I am going to have him replace all of the lines out of precaution.

Anything else he should check?

thanks guys smile.gif

Allan
Could they tell where it was coming from under the car? Front, middle?

It's either got to be from under the tank or somewhere in the engine bay. I doubt that one of the center tunnel lines ruptured but I guess it's a possibility.

The hose can be found at any decent import parts place.
So.Cal.914
It can also leak at the fuel pump. Those fabric lines are horrable, the ones under

the tank are notorious for leaking. All of that fabric line should be replaced. In

my opinion.
TROJANMAN
Spoke to dad
It was leaking from the front
Fuel pump is still in the rear
i'ts a 74 1.8
Aaron Cox
its gotta be the tank connections.

the cloth braided hose seems to dry out and leak....
SirAndy
how much gas did he have in the tank? more than half full? and there's still gas in the tank, but it doesn't leak anymore?

if so, the tank has rusted through where it sits on the felt pads, about half way between bottom and top of the tank ...

if the tank connections/hoses are leaking, his tank will be empty (or close to empty)!
smile.gif Andy
TROJANMAN
he siphoned 8 gallons out of the tank

sounds like he needs to pull the front tank
would this be a good time to relocate the fuel pump?
Tobra
yes
JoeSharp
Greg: Where is he located?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
TROJANMAN
just over the hill from you in Hacienda Heights
i was talking to him about hosting a BBQ this weekend idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.