Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 914 Fuel Pump Gremlin :(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kskwpb
Hey ALL. Kevin in West Palm. I bought a 1976 914 2.0 FIw/78,000 mi REAL nice car...But...has MAJOR fuel pump gremlins. Somtime the pump will come on,more often than not it won't. I can't even locate the fuel pump on the car? Sad huh? Also the owner before me put this reflector thing across where the rear trunk lock was and I can't figure out how to open trunk?Any & all help PLEASE smile.gif Thank You & Best Regards, Kevin King
Mueller
fuel pump is in the front under the gas tank....

a Haynes manual would show you smile.gif
kskwpb
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 30 2006, 09:39 AM) *

fuel pump is in the front under the gas tank....

a Haynes manual would show you smile.gif

Thank you!!!
Dr Evil
welcome.png

You may wish to check the fuel pump fuse in the engine compartment, left side, on the circuit board. Clean the contacts on it and the board asn see what happens. Also, the fuel pump relay is on the same board. The Haynes manual will tell you wich one. You can swap the head light relats from the front with the fuel pump relay to trouble shoot. Your fuel pump should have an access panel in the front trunk, onthe lower drivers side of the wall in front of the gas tank.
kskwpb
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 31 2006, 11:43 AM) *

welcome.png

You may wish to check the fuel pump fuse in the engine compartment, left side, on the circuit board. Clean the contacts on it and the board asn see what happens. Also, the fuel pump relay is on the same board. The Haynes manual will tell you wich one. You can swap the head light relats from the front with the fuel pump relay to trouble shoot. Your fuel pump should have an access panel in the front trunk, onthe lower drivers side of the wall in front of the gas tank.

You Guys are THE BEST smile.gif I was thinking of selling car...but...The guys on this site are having WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!! Cheers, Kevin.
eeyore
Pull out all the junk you have the front trunk. The fuel pump should be behind a 3" x 6" (80mm x 160mm for Andy) black panel on the rear trunk wall.
Bleyseng
I have the rear reflector too and there should be a little button (mine is on the fuse panel and red) that opens the trunk. Sometimes the inline fuse blows so it doesn't open and the key must be on for the relay to work to pop the rear trunk.
AZ914
The previous owner of my car put an electronic opener on my trunk as well. He rigged a little rocker switch that is mounted under the lower dash pad. (out of site, below the cig lighter). Look down there for something.

Welcome to the madness!
ws91420
Check the ground on the front pump for intermitttent problems. The trunk release for mine was a button in the glove box. Also if the reflector has a small hole drilled in it about mid way you can put a dental pick in there and pop the lock. Also check and see if he did a cable operated release from the engine comparment area. welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.