Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '06 911 Turbo looks much better than current model
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Deutsch
I saw it this morning on Car & Driver tv. Porsche is going back to the round headlights and it looks much better, IMO.
soloracer
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

wink.gif
campbellcj

Charles Deutsch
Yeah, that does look much better. More muscular and aggressive than the current 911. Great pics!
bongo monkey
Looks great... but that rear spoiler from that angle looks like it was cut out from black construction paper.
Queenie
QUOTE(bongo monkey @ Sep 27 2003, 02:24 PM)
Looks great... but that rear spoiler from that angle looks like it was cut out from black construction paper.

You make that sound like a bad thing.
TeamAxisRacing
damn that thing looks riced out... looks to me like they threw a "combat" front air damn and type-r wing on the back
seanery
'cmon guys that stuff is camaflouge. If you saw it fly past you, you're supposed to think it's a riced out car and not a test mule.
redshift
Hey look! A turbo hockey mask! I hate that crap!

M
Charles Deutsch
Here's the current turbo. The bland style kind of reminds me of the way Jaguar restyled their sedan in the eighties. They took all of the curves out of it and made it (to my eyes) really bland. The Boxster suffers from the same thing, IMO.

IPB Image
Qarl
hmmm....
redshift
.....in my ever so humble opinion..

They need a car in the spirit of the 356.... although the uncloaked picture Carl ( finger.gif ) posted is nice looking, YEEEECH!!!

M
Scott Carlberg
Finally, the 911 front end won't look like the Boxsters clap56.gif

2005 Porsche 911...

... the 2005 Porsche 911 will get the original circular headlights.
"The next Porsche 911 is going back to its roots! The design of this legendary German sports car reminds of the original 911. Expect to see it in 2005".

Picture:
http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/News/0,...1269141,00.html
Anton
Looking at the pics these are essentially 996s with cosmetic upgrades. And I fail to see the renaissance of the "old" 911.

The weight of the current 996 model is too high to make it truly agile. I am not talking about acceleration properties (that is no problem with a bigger engine), ABS, and any other technical goodies. But where are the days of a 1973 911S 2.4 with mechanical injection? Even today, I find these relatively light cars a riot to drive.

When Porsche wants to do some body work they should focus on using aluminium and carbon fibre materials to a wider extent. That's what counts IMO, a "lean" body.
Aaron Cox
i like the current one better- the new one is too rice- or is that sour kraut?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.