Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front engine mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Okay, here's the dealio. I'm converting to a late transmission on my 1970 teener, however I'm still using the 1.7 motor. I got the shift linkage I needed and the front beam mount from one of our teener brothers. The problem is, the mount bar doesn't fit. Where it mounts to the motor it's too far forward, too low, and the center holes are drilled wider apart than the early bar. Now, I've heard that the 1.7/1.8 case is different from the 2.0 case, but I've never heard what the differences actually are. I guess my question is, do the 1.8 and 2.0 cars use different beams? If so, that would explain my troubles. If not, then I don't know what to do. Right now my engine's back in the car, but on the early mount with no shift linkage. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.
Mark D.
Cap'n Krusty
You need the brackets and rubber mounts for a 73+ car, and the solid end pieces for the body mounts. I might be persuaded to part with a set, given the right financial incentive. The Cap'n
Mueller
as for the case differances, you heard wrong smile.gif

you need more parts, such as the mounts and brackets that attach to the motor....

BMXerror
So on the '73 + car the rubber mounts are on the side that attach to the engine, not the side that attach to the body, right? That would explain my kunundrum.... well, most of it. I still wonder why the beam is offset front to back. I mean, it won't even clear the fan shroud where it hangs down. Is that just because I need the later bracket, or do I have bent parts..... I mean, are the holes that mount to the engine still in the same place on the later cars?
Mark D.
Mueller
i'm 99% sure all four holes of the engine bar mount should be on the same axis or plane if looking at it from the side.....
So.Cal.914
Once you get the correct brackets and mounts it will clear, if not smash.gif welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.