Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ***** STOLEN IN SANTA BARBARA *****
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
Joe Schneider, of Schneider Autohaus, a loooooong time SB shop owner and PCAer, lost his maroon (malaga red?) 1975 1.8 914 over the Memorial Day weekend. It was taken from the parking lot in front of his shop. CA license plate number 833TEV. We're asking members of the 914 non-club to be on the lookout for this car! Thanks, The Cap'n
Toast
Kind of a far stretch from Santa Barbra, but I will keep my eyes open. Besides, I am near one of the most criminal cities in the US. (San Bernardino) ar15.gif
watsonrx13
Man that sucks. mad.gif I hate fuching thieves... As soon as they catch them they should be shot......

Can you post the VIN also?

-- Rob
horizontally-opposed
Been to Joe's shop back in my college days...how LAME!!! ar15.gif

Always wondered who would steal a 914...I can see an old 911 or any modern Porsche, but I can't see thieves "getting" it on why stealing a 914, 924, 944, etc. makes any sense.

I guess there's always someone -- and sooner or later the bad elements will figure things out. Bummer!

pete
URY914
Post this on TheSamba.com also they have a section for stolen cars and those guys look out for them.
ptravnic
I always figured a potential thief would get about 2 or 3 blocks and the sloppy shifting would lead him to ditch the thing...

Sorry to hear the situation.
smontanaro
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 30 2006, 01:40 PM) *

CA license plate number 833TEV.

Given that license plates come off so easily, it might be worthwhile to post the VIN as well.

Skip
ninefourteener
Not that I'm anywhere even close... but perhaps a picture of the car???
Tobra
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 30 2006, 11:50 AM) *

Been to Joe's shop back in my college days...how LAME!!! ar15.gif

Always wondered who would steal a 914...I can see an old 911 or any modern Porsche, but I can't see thieves "getting" it on why stealing a 914, 924, 944, etc. makes any sense.

I guess there's always someone -- and sooner or later the bad elements will figure things out. Bummer!

pete

That car will be in pieces pretty quick. Probably stolen by someone looking for something specific, doors and hoods, whatever. Too bad
Cap'n Krusty
No pix. VIN 4752905235. The Cap'n
bd1308
I'll keep an eye out in KY for it.

b
fuch toy
I went by and talked to Joe....evidentally the thief grabbed the key during working hours and came back.....grabbed the car and took off.

They are hoping that it's just a joy rider.....and it's dropped off some palce in the "hood. No pics...I asked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.