Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures Of Original 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
73jef74
Why not post pictures of member's original 914s in this forum?
tod914
Think someone started that then someone pointed out the car had a bursch muffler (like mine) and the thread became deleted lmao. So how about a thread for mostly original cars tongue.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ May 30 2006, 01:18 PM) *

Think someone started that then someone pointed out the car had a bursch muffler (like mine) and the thread became deleted lmao. So how about a thread for mostly original cars tongue.gif

Once again, I didn't have anything to do with deleting that thread! Believe me, a Bursch muffler wouldn't get a car kicked off, unless it didn't have a rear valence. If that's the case, don't send rear photos!

If we get this started, I'll make sure it gets nailed & stays permanently. A 914 that's not close to original doesn't belong here.

A "club" member described the purpose of this forum to me pretty well (though it was designed for another web site) to me, when he said "I rather use the terms "Preserved", "Restored", "Resto-mod" and "Mod".  If the car is original with worn original parts (including a repaint) replaced with OEM parts then it would be classified as "Preserved".  "Restored" being any combination of reconstruction meeting OEM specs with updates acceptable, so long as it was an OEM offered item for any year.  "Resto-mod" the same as "Restored" with the caveat that all updating be performed with items of that period (so long as the item was sold from '70 to '76 and was designed to fit a 914. "Mod", let your imagine take over""

So post away my friends - let's see where this goes......

Pat
smontanaro
I would appreciate detail pictures as well as the usual 3/4 front shots.

Maybe it would be useful to just have a permanent thread that goes something like:

Q: Can someone post a detail of the frammitz in the jim-jam for a 1978 Baroque Edition 914/12?

A: Here ya go. [pic 1 attach] [pic 2 attach] [pic 3 attach]

Skip Montanaro
JeffBowlsby
I have photos of several exceptional original 914 cars on my 914 Collectibles webpage.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(smontanaro @ May 30 2006, 05:54 PM) *

I would appreciate detail pictures as well as the usual 3/4 front shots.

Maybe it would be useful to just have a permanent thread that goes something like:

Q: Can someone post a detail of the frammitz in the jim-jam for a 1978 Baroque Edition 914/12?

A: Here ya go. [pic 1 attach] [pic 2 attach] [pic 3 attach]

Skip Montanaro

clap56.gif
I like that idea. Maybe we sould have permanent visual reference to various areas, as well as a beauty section. Say, for example, a rear boot section with photos of the evolution of things such as the jack, sound pads, etc.

Pretty much what you said Skip. Who wants to starts something.
smontanaro
Another possibility occurred to me, though it involves technology outside the 914club website. We could create a wiki whose organization could evolve as content is created. I'm not sure how familiar people here are with wikis. They are collaborative websites where the users create the content. If people are interested, I could host it on the Mojam.com website. I already have a couple wikis there.

Skip Montanaro
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(smontanaro @ May 31 2006, 06:37 PM) *

Another possibility occurred to me, though it involves technology outside the 914club website. We could create a wiki whose organization could evolve as content is created. I'm not sure how familiar people here are with wikis. They are collaborative websites where the users create the content. If people are interested, I could host it on the Mojam.com website. I already have a couple wikis there.

Skip Montanaro

Well, given the amount of info available here, why not keep the wealth of info to ourselves & for the benefit of the others who don't frequent this Forum? We can pretty much do what we wish right here - select different threads to progressively photo & nailed them for permanent placement.

We could even set up specific threads similar to concours juding forms - interior, body, engine, exterior, etc. Who knows, maybe we could even have a virtual concours! We're all qualified as judges.

Opine everyone. I'll get it rolling if there is even the faintest of interest.

smilie_pokal.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 1 2006, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(smontanaro @ May 31 2006, 06:37 PM) *

Skip Montanaro

Well, given the amount of info available here, why not keep the wealth of info to ourselves & for the benefit of the others who don't frequent this Forum? We can pretty much do what we wish right here - select different threads to progressively photo & nailed them for permanent placement.

We could even set up specific threads similar to concours juding forms - interior, body, engine, exterior, etc. Who knows, maybe we could even have a virtual concours! We're all qualified as judges.

Opine everyone. I'll get it rolling if there is even the faintest of interest.

smilie_pokal.gif

Oh forgot to mention....a nailed thread for full view photos is also a good idea & can easily be done. Whatever you people want - just let me know. PG
smontanaro
My thought about using a wiki is that we can design structure to the pages/photos that make sense. With nailed forum topics you just get whatever way things go together.

I think with some care you can even have multiple structures for the same set of pages. You might organize by year or major component, for example. Both ways will be appropriate in different circumstances. For example, if I'm interested in body structure changes (this came up in the garage the other day in the context of an early car that looked like it had a later front end stitched onto it) I might want to browse through the body/front end section. OTOH, if I I'm interested in checking for the correct interior treatment for a 1970 914/6 I might want to browse by year, then model. Perhaps more importantly, the users get the opportunity to build a coherent body of text around the pictures which serve as the primary documentation. With a forum model you get just a chain of replies without necessarily obvious structure. Think of the end result as being a book authored by the group instead of a linear email archive that contains pictures.

It's just a thought. I was mostly thinking out loud.

Skip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.