Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
guywan914
Have a small cut in the rubber bumper PO tried to make the repair with rubber cement like we used to use in school [long, long time ago]. What is the best product or should I just look for one from someone who is backdating? Also Porsche manual says they can be painted except the US versions, anyone had any luck with that?
Allan
Not sure on what to use to repair it but I may have a late bumper skin you can have. Don't remember what kinda shape it's in but I'll look tomorrow and if it looks good and you need it it's yours.
914werke
I know I do, just taking up space but to be quite honest wouldnt be to jazzed about pkging & shipping....but if properly motivated biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
Try wetsuit cement, it works well on wetsuits. The rubber can't be that different.
joea9146
I have a complete front Bumper (Minus) Foglights in very nice shape.
$50.... I am in East Hartford every Day. or If Chris Foley wants to act as a drop point I can leave the bumper with him....
ChrisFoley
Hey Joe,
did you find a rear bumper for your car? I ran across one in my attic that is painted and has only minor blemishes.

It's fine with me if you guys want to use my (new) shop as a drop point. smile.gif
guywan914
Joe thanks for the offer, actually thanks everyone for the offer. Joe I can see if Chris wouldn't mind being middle man but my shop is posssibly closer. I'm at 660 Nutmeg rd. north in South Windsor. Just up rt.5 by the Filenes warehouse. Let me know I'm not always there but can leave the cash with Sandie my secretary. The office # 860 528 4436
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.