Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A leak free 2.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
As alot of you know I've had a TON of problems with the six conversion I bought last year.

The biggest was a major head leak that lead to a complete tear down.

The big IF was that everywhere I turn, I hear the same thing over and over: It is impossible to get a 2.7 mag case engine to be leak free....

I'm not 100 percent sure but I think I have one.

After two (2) tear downs, I have put at least 1 a/x and 1000 miles on it since I got it back with ZERO motor leaks.

Should I give it some more miles or can I claim Victory over the mag case leak delimma?
fuch toy
If done right...they won't leak....it's NOT a 4 banger....
DanT
unfortunately it is only a matter of time sad.gif

My 2.7RS motor was built on a 7R mag case and was resealed 2 times. Got it down to just on small drip but it always started out good until you get quite a few heat cycles then it starts somewhere.

If it stays dry yours would be the first 7R case I have ever seen or heard of that stayed dry.

My case was shuffle pinned and time certed and still had one small drip...no matter how much RTV was used to put the case back together.

good luck
Porsche Rescue
I have always heard and believed that all 911 engines leak, it's only a matter of when and how much.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(fuch toy @ May 30 2006, 06:07 PM) *

that sounds like a poke.gif

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ May 30 2006, 07:10 PM) *

unfortunately it is only a matter of time sad.gif

My 2.7RS motor was built on a 7R mag case and was resealed 2 times. Got it down to just on small drip but it always started out good until you get quite a few heat cycles then it starts somewhere.

If it stays dry yours would be the first 7R case I have ever seen or heard of that stayed dry.

My case was shuffle pinned and time certed and still had one small drip...no matter how much RTV was used to put the case back together.

good luck

If you used conventional RTV, you'll NEVER keep it leak free. The Cap'n
bd1308
RTV, at least the normal stuff does NOT like high temps at all....

b
turboman808
And I read this after getting under my car and noticing a few leaks. One is the the valve cover and the other looks like the seal at the axle. Well not leaking bad drunk.gif
Eric_Shea
A leak free 2.7, Is it possible?

No.
Mueller
my bone stock original 70,000 mile 3.6 leaks oil headbang.gif
Dr Evil
Bullshit! My engine doesn't leak any more oil since the last big leak I had.

Thats because it is out of oil and I have not refilled it biggrin.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.
J P Stein
I'm sure it's possible.....but not at my house sad.gif
Brando
A brand-new non-used 2.7 turnkey still in original crating from Porsche with 0 miles will not leak.

At least, until you run it.
Aaron Cox
they dont leak, if they dont have oil LOL
grantsfo
leaking engine means it running. Damn I get a can of degrease and go to the car wash - its a lot cheaper than rebuilding an engine!
horizontally-opposed
I've heard it said that, with God, all things are possible.

Some are just more likely than others.

Leak-free 2.7? I think that would fall in the latter category...

So.Cal.914
They say "Harley's don't leak they mark their spot." I believe Porsche's have the same attitude, mine will get even if I don't treat it right.

smoke.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 30 2006, 06:02 PM) *

As alot of you know I've had a TON of problems with the six conversion I bought last year.

The biggest was a major head leak that lead to a complete tear down.

The big IF was that everywhere I turn, I hear the same thing over and over: It is impossible to get a 2.7 mag case engine to be leak free....

I'm not 100 percent sure but I think I have one.

After two (2) tear downs, I have put at least 1 a/x and 1000 miles on it since I got it back with ZERO motor leaks.

Should I give it some more miles or can I claim Victory over the mag case leak delimma?

Now why would you want to get rid of the auto-undercarriage oiling system?

Its rust preventative! bootyshake.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(fuch toy @ May 30 2006, 10:07 PM) *

At least you're all honest...except one guy.

Tail-draggers never rust out on the tail end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.